Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PIVI Pro 4.2

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2024 | 09:15 AM
|
4wd Low
Default PIVI Pro 4.2

Has anyone in the US had the latest Pivi 4.2 release pushed to their Defenders and if so, has it removed the every-other week display not powering up issue that many of us have seen since the delivery of our vehicles? Reading the Oval News release notes: if seems like this issue may finally be addressed.

Old 08-27-2024 | 09:53 AM
Mudding

It appears that 4.2.0 only changes (improves / fixes) the over-the-air software update service.

I had a similar problem with the screen staying black (once) earlier. It hasn't happened again since an earlier update, but I can't say for sure if it was really fixed permanently.

Old 08-27-2024 | 10:49 AM
Mudding

Originally Posted by Zondar

I had a similar problem with the screen staying black (once) earlier. It hasn't happened again since an earlier update, but I can't say for sure if it was really fixed permanently.
The PIVI software probably knows what people like us plan to do with the TCU module and is telling you off.

Old 08-27-2024 | 12:05 PM
Drifting

I updated to 4.2 about a week ago and experienced a black center screen on Sunday. Did not fix for me. I also noticed my wireless CarPlay phone connection is far less reliable. Sometimes it won't connect at all after vehicle startup. Usually on next drive everything connects as it should.

Old 08-27-2024 | 05:04 PM
Rock Crawling

Just a reminder that after an update sometimes you need to log back into your account, both on your phone and in the car. I've had several issues that were fixed once I re-logged in. (no spotify, weather, maps, remote start...)
Sometimes it's not obvious that a log in is needed. No blue dot, everything looks fine.

Old 08-27-2024 | 07:23 PM
Drifting

Me too! Apple Car play has been wonky since i updated the other day. I deleted my phone and reconnected it, still nothing. I’m going to look at the app on my phone next. Following……

Bill
Sayville, NY

Old 08-28-2024 | 08:55 AM
Drifting

Originally Posted by chpsk8
Just a reminder that after an update sometimes you need to log back into your account, both on your phone and in the car. I've had several issues that were fixed once I re-logged in. (no spotify, weather, maps, remote start...)
Sometimes it's not obvious that a log in is needed. No blue dot, everything looks fine.
Logging out and logging in often seems to resolve a number of issues, including future updates. I’ve noticed I can be logged in to my InControl account and not receive updates, but logging out and back in will quickly push awaiting updates.

Very solid advice!

Old 08-28-2024 | 11:26 AM
Mudding

Originally Posted by chpsk8
I didn’t create an account. I’ve never logged into anything. I’ve experienced the black screen twice in 8 months. CarPlay works fine 99.9% of the time. I’ve never allowed the ota software to update from 4.1.4, and by the experiences I see on many posts over time, I never will. Good enough is just that.

Old 08-28-2024 | 12:01 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by Defendher
I didn’t create an account. I’ve never logged into anything. I’ve experienced the black screen twice in 8 months. CarPlay works fine 99.9% of the time. I’ve never allowed the ota software to update from 4.1.4, and by the experiences I see on many posts over time, I never will. Good enough is just that.
Im on the same path. No InControl account. Never allowed an OTA update. Wireless CarPlay always works. Black screen once in three months. Screen came back on next drive a couple hours later. I'm stuck on an older software version than you at 4.1.0. I feel like the dealer will try to update it though at service even if I ask them not to.

Regarding InControl I had the same thing on Audis and they didn't work well. Was just a nuisance always launching on my phone. If you live in a cold weather climate I could see it being useful to remote start and warm up your car if your forced to park outside. But in LA I never had a need for any of the "features".

Last edited by jrjunior41; 08-28-2024 at 12:08 PM.
Old 08-28-2024 | 01:12 PM
Winching

I've only ever had one issue with the OTA updates, and that was because the battery wasn't holding enough charge to install the update. Dealer replaced the battery and all was good. I've had my Defender for nearly four years and I can count on one hand how many times I've had an issue with an OTA update or having a blank screen. Can't comment on CarPlay as I never use it. My InControl app has also never had a problem connecting to the car. I use it every day before I leave the office to cool down the cabin, or warm it up in the winter. My only gripe with the app is that it doesn't activate the heated seats or steering wheel, just the cabin temperature.

Quick Reply: PIVI Pro 4.2