Sponsored by:

Pivi Pro Voice command to play music on Iphone

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2022, 04:25 PM
Banned
Received 68 Likes on 48 Posts
Default Pivi Pro Voice command to play music on Iphone

Hi Group,
I'm able to voice command to navigate, call out, read texts, etc on my phone but I am unable to voice command to play an album, playlist, song, or artist. I say "Play album Rumors" or "Play Rumors" or "Play Fleetwood Mac album Rumors" or "Play Rumors by Fleetwood Mac" or "Play Fleetwood Mac" or any other combination I can think of and I get a message back that says "requested media not available". It is available and Pivi Pro recognizes my phone because I can manually select all my albums, songs, playlists, artists, etc from the Pivi Pro screen. I did a Pivi reset by holding down the on/off switch and it rebooted but no luck on the voice command. I think I'm just not saying the command correctly. Any suggestions? Thanks!

The following users liked this post:
Royalist (08-11-2022)
Old 08-11-2022, 04:49 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 185 Likes on 109 Posts

Originally Posted by UtahLandy
Hi Group,
I'm able to voice command to navigate, call out, read texts, etc on my phone but I am unable to voice command to play an album, playlist, song, or artist. I say "Play album Rumors" or "Play Rumors" or "Play Fleetwood Mac album Rumors" or "Play Rumors by Fleetwood Mac" or "Play Fleetwood Mac" or any other combination I can think of and I get a message back that says "requested media not available". It is available and Pivi Pro recognizes my phone because I can manually select all my albums, songs, playlists, artists, etc from the Pivi Pro screen. I did a Pivi reset by holding down the on/off switch and it rebooted but no luck on the voice command. I think I'm just not saying the command correctly. Any suggestions? Thanks!
Siri’s system only works in conjunction with Pivi Pro with songs that are actually good. Have you tried, “Hey Siri…play Break on Through (To the Other Side) by The Doors.” That should work, go ahead and report back to us after you tried that.

In all seriousness, I couldn’t use that function when I had my 90 either. Make sure your iOS is up to date as well; and hopefully someone else other than me has a solution.

Also, the only good song on that whole album is Dreams and you know it.

The following 4 users liked this post by Royalist:
73matt (08-12-2022), GrouseK9 (08-12-2022), spritekk (08-11-2022), user 729788 (08-12-2022)
Old 08-12-2022, 10:11 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 54 Likes on 23 Posts

I am having a (similar?) issue. I use CarPlay and listen to bad music too. My issue is that when I push the "Summon" button (on the steering wheel), I get the Pivi Pro assistant. If I then use Siri on my phone...and then use the Summon button a second time, I get Siri instead of the Pivi Pro assistant.

Is there a way to alway get Siri when CarPlay is connected?

Old 08-12-2022, 10:52 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 1,403 Likes on 689 Posts

No problems for me. I push the steering wheel button, tell it to play Dexter Gordon’s song Cheesecake or Cannonball Adderley’s album Somethin’ Else and it just goes to town. Drove 1300 miles yesterday and utilized that a lot, using my brain as the real-time playlist creator without having to hunt for music manually. It would even choose the version of Backstreets from the live album if I specified, rather than from Born To Run.

Up to date PIVI and IOS on an iPhone 12.

Last edited by NoGaBiker; 08-12-2022 at 10:54 AM.
Old 08-12-2022, 11:03 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 1,403 Likes on 689 Posts

Oh, and since we’re complaining about Rumours, I actually listened to it yesterday (it was a long day and I hadn’t heard that album straight through in decades.) But I discovered that sometime after I joined Apple Music, the bastards stole (literally) the copy of Rumours I ripped from CD to iTunes on my hard-drive when I got my first iPod in 2005 and replaced it with some unbelievably lame-*** Remastered version. That’s what they call it, but I think of remastering as “turning up the high-hat at 3:14” or “dialing back the harmony vocal on the 3rd chorus.” This is a totally different version of the songs! Check out Dreams or Gold Dust Woman, for instance, if you have Apple Music and are familiar with the songs. Totally different. Like it’s the MTV Unplugged version, no kidding.

Royalist (08-12-2022)
Old 08-12-2022, 01:25 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 1,279 Likes on 764 Posts

Wow. You all amaze me. I have hearing issues because of too many loud explosions in my youth. There is NO way in my life that I could differentiate that. You KNOW some things...

I suspect the issues are the way that you use the voice commands. More details of what's on, what steps, which music is the default media, etc. may help.

Royalist (08-12-2022)
Old 08-12-2022, 01:31 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 36 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by NeedaHobby
I am having a (similar?) issue. I use CarPlay and listen to bad music too. My issue is that when I push the "Summon" button (on the steering wheel), I get the Pivi Pro assistant. If I then use Siri on my phone...and then use the Summon button a second time, I get Siri instead of the Pivi Pro assistant.

Is there a way to alway get Siri when CarPlay is connected?
1 regular press gets me the defender assistant.

1 press and hold gets me Siri.

The following 4 users liked this post by Defender90NY:
73matt (08-12-2022), NeedaHobby (08-12-2022), Royalist (08-12-2022), user 729788 (08-12-2022)
Old 08-12-2022, 01:54 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 185 Likes on 109 Posts

Originally Posted by NoGaBiker
Oh, and since we’re complaining about Rumours, I actually listened to it yesterday (it was a long day and I hadn’t heard that album straight through in decades.) But I discovered that sometime after I joined Apple Music, the bastards stole (literally) the copy of Rumours I ripped from CD to iTunes on my hard-drive when I got my first iPod in 2005 and replaced it with some unbelievably lame-*** Remastered version. That’s what they call it, but I think of remastering as “turning up the high-hat at 3:14” or “dialing back the harmony vocal on the 3rd chorus.” This is a totally different version of the songs! Check out Dreams or Gold Dust Woman, for instance, if you have Apple Music and are familiar with the songs. Totally different. Like it’s the MTV Unplugged version, no kidding.
Hahah

Old 08-12-2022, 02:00 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 54 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Defender90NY
1 regular press gets me the defender assistant.

1 press and hold gets me Siri.
thanks…you have measurably improved my life.

Royalist (08-12-2022)
Old 08-12-2022, 02:35 PM
Banned
Received 68 Likes on 48 Posts

Piecing together everyone's suggestions, I have found the error of my ways. Getting to the most pressing issue first and heeding Royalist suggestion of alternately trying a song from The Doors, I discovered yet another previously unknown secret door that opened on the center console from which a razor sharp knife emerged and tried to slash my wrist but fortunately I hadn't gone into full depression mode yet and was able to quickly elude it.

I next tried the above suggestions with my Moody Blues playlist and things went much better. The problem I had was since all my music is on my Iphone you have to use Siri. I was using the Defender assistant. I assume you would use this assistant if you had a bunch of songs on a usb stick. Following on Defender90NY suggestion that a regular press gets the Defender assistant and a longer press gets you Siri worked for me too and has solved my original question. So any music that is on your Iphone you should use Siri and anything that isn't, you can use the Defender assistant. I don't understand why this is since I can use the Defender assistant to call my contacts on my phone, but ok, at least I have the answer.

Thanks All for your assistance!

Last edited by user 729788; 08-12-2022 at 02:54 PM.
Royalist (08-12-2022)

Quick Reply: Pivi Pro Voice command to play music on Iphone