Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rear fog

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2022, 02:13 AM
Mudding
Received 90 Likes on 51 Posts
Default Rear fog

I have rear fog lights on my 23 D90S, is this standard? I activate them by turning the selector for front fogs the opposite way. I then get 2 smaller and lower brighter than tail lights that are part of the lower rear reflectors. I use them every time I drive. Looks really cool too.

Old 04-03-2022, 05:53 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 433 Likes on 202 Posts

If you like so... I tnink it's very irritating for the other traffic behind. Too bright for normal use.
( You need to adjust that brightness, like with an resistor or different led )

The following 2 users liked this post by Defendit..:
GavinC (04-03-2022), GrouseK9 (04-03-2022)
Old 04-03-2022, 07:24 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 191 Likes on 113 Posts

Super cool to use rear fog lights all the time. I can only imagine how nice it is to follow you around a city on a clear night.

Old 04-03-2022, 10:23 AM
Winching
Received 611 Likes on 291 Posts

Originally Posted by CombatNinja
Super cool to use rear fog lights all the time. I can only imagine how nice it is to follow you around a city on a clear night.
Yeah, just what I think every time I see one of those hillbilly pickup trucks with the LED light bar mounted on the front bumper, blazing beams of light blinding all traffic in its path. I certainly don’t think the rear fog lights on the Defender approach the annoyance factor that these ever increasing LED light bars do. Where is the uproar, or should I say, law enforcement response to that?

The following users liked this post:
GrouseK9 (04-03-2022)
Old 04-03-2022, 11:02 AM
Mudding

[QUOTE=WTFChuck;820308]Yeah, just what I think every time I see one of those hillbilly pickup trucks with the LED light bar mounted on the front bumper, blazing beams of light blinding all traffic in its path. I certainly don’t think the rear fog lights on the Defender approach the annoyance factor that these ever increasing LED light bars do. Where is the uproar, or should I say, law enforcement response to that?[/QUOTE

I followed my defender with them on. They aren’t annoying at all.

tictalk67 (04-03-2022)
Old 04-03-2022, 04:00 PM
Winching
Received 611 Likes on 291 Posts

[QUOTE=Xploit;820317]
Originally Posted by WTFChuck
Yeah, just what I think every time I see one of those hillbilly pickup trucks with the LED light bar mounted on the front bumper, blazing beams of light blinding all traffic in its path. I certainly don’t think the rear fog lights on the Defender approach the annoyance factor that these ever increasing LED light bars do. Where is the uproar, or should I say, law enforcement response to that?[/QUOTE

I followed my defender with them on. They aren’t annoying at all.
Most definitely, they are low mounted, to illuminate that small gap between the fog and ground, and project the light to reflect off the pavement to be seen by other traffic. And they are not at a brightness that gives night blindness to those following. And with all the distracted drivers on the road, that additional light may prevent you from getting rear-ended.

Xploit (04-03-2022)
Old 04-03-2022, 06:54 PM
Mudding

[QUOTE=WTFChuck;820344]
Originally Posted by Xploit
Most definitely, they are low mounted, to illuminate that small gap between the fog and ground, and project the light to reflect off the pavement to be seen by other traffic. And they are not at a brightness that gives night blindness to those following. And with all the distracted drivers on the road, that additional light may prevent you from getting rear-ended.
yup. Haters gonna hate

XCELLER8 (04-03-2022)
Old 04-03-2022, 09:53 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 2,302 Likes on 950 Posts

Driving behind someone with rear fogs on, particularly in the wet is incredibly glaring.

With a "do unto others etc". mantra, I try to be courteous in my driving and try not to dazzle my fellow road users with my lights. In the same vein, I also use dipped headlights when I meet traffic. I like the auto feature on the Defender.

I guess fog lights are not the norm on US vehicles. In Ireland and UK, rear ones are pretty much a standard. Two or one. In non-foggy conditions all they do is hinder following drivers and obscure your own brake lights. I guess I'm a hater, or someone who disagrees with you. whichever fits your chosen narrative best.

Last edited by GavinC; 04-03-2022 at 10:08 PM.
GrouseK9 (04-04-2022)
Old 04-04-2022, 06:49 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 634 Likes on 381 Posts

I use my rear fog lights in blizzard conditions so others see me. And sometimes I turn them on an aggressive tailgater just to annoy them.

Old 04-04-2022, 02:29 PM
Mudding
Received 84 Likes on 53 Posts

Never realized the rear fog lights were in those reflectors in the bumper before. Gotta say, they would bother me if I was driving behind you, it is overcast and dreary out there right now, so they might not be so bad in the sunshine. I'll keep that in mind for tailgaters however.

Quick Reply: Rear fog