2020 Defender Talk about the new 2020 Land Rover Defender
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Seat covers

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2021, 11:08 AM
Drifting
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I got the M&M seat covers this week and installed. They fit OK and look good. I need to fiddle with the straps and fitment some - I think I can get them buttoned down a little cleaner than shown here.

Very well made and very durable fabric. I got the Bokseil fabric for waterproofness and goes with the grey truck. Came with more parts than I expected - covers the seats plus the front bin - also the 2nd row seat center section is two parts with a flap so you can fold down the center armrest/cup holder and that has a cover also. They also included a pretty nice rear tire cover with the order.

I haven't seen the LR version but hear they were loose fitting. I took a chance with M&M and they were about the same price as OEM with shipping from South Africa. Overall happy and would buy again. I have no concerns on how they will wear - the fabric is quite heavy.

Front view - side pockets for cell phone and rear map pockets with snap on back

Rear center armrest folded down - the armrest is covered as is the cup holder insert pictured

Rear seat section with center armrest up - the cover to that center section flaps up (velcro'd down in this pic) to let you use the armrest/cupholder

Rear view of front seats - large rear map pocket with button closure

The following users liked this post:
Stubby 2 (05-28-2021)
Old 05-28-2021, 12:51 PM
Overlanding
Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

My M&M covers went on well and look good with exception of the 2 front seats. Either I'm an idiot and didn't install them correctly or the location & amount of straps for the bottom part of seat aren't adequate. Let me know if you're having the same issue.

Thanks,
Joe

Old 05-29-2021, 08:17 AM
Drifting

Joe - the straps are not intuitive so not sure I did it right also - I need to go re-look at them and see if I can improve. But the seats seem to be mostly fitted.

As you know, there are two sets of straps: 1] the ones in the middle of the seat section (where the base of seat meets the back) and 2] the ones on the side of the seat.

1] I pushed those straps in the gap between the bottom and rear seat cushions - from under seat I then routed them to the front of the seat and put them on the strap buckle there - to tighten that, I had to reach under the seat from the back and pull the strap tab towards the back - that's how those front buckles are designed to tighten - needs to be pulled from the under the seat towards the back. NOTE: I made sure that the strap routed under the seat is up against the cushion of the underside of the seat and not interfering with any of the electronics or wires under there.

2] I just routed the strap on the outside of the seat base and connected to the strap buckle on the outside of the rear of the seat - it holds it down but wondering if that strap also needs to route maybe under the seat but haven't fiddled with that yet

Last edited by NAS437; 05-29-2021 at 10:39 AM.
Old 05-29-2021, 08:38 PM
Drifting
Received 21 Likes on 13 Posts

My rear seat covers were not made correctly and they are making me new ones. The front seats may need some modification as well

Old 06-02-2021, 12:52 PM
Drifting
Received 34 Likes on 10 Posts

For those that have the Melvill and Moon seat covers, did you just order or request a quote at https://melvillandmoon.com (order system is not so great)?
I've requested a quote twice with no reply. This last time I even uploaded the pictures posted by NAS437 and noted that I wanted those exact covers.
Thanks

Old 06-03-2021, 09:50 AM
Drifting

^ Request a quote - it took a few days before someone replied - maybe a week - but then things moved fast. Order also took quicker to make than they said and it shipped here (EastCoast US) in only a few days once done.

Old 06-03-2021, 03:57 PM
Mudding
Received 116 Likes on 58 Posts

Sorry to say, those seat covers look awful.

The following 2 users liked this post by Barstoolman1127:
drk63 (06-18-2021), PatriotDefender (06-04-2021)
Old 06-04-2021, 08:55 AM
Drifting

Just quick update - loving my M&M seat covers - dog tested and approved. Wet dog in there pretty much every day now that I have them on and they clean up easily and provide all the protection needed back there in the 2nd row. Wish the front seats fit as well as the rear but they work and already served their purpose after a drive home from a particularly wet and muddy bike ride. Peace of mind knowing I am protecting the OEM seats. Plus now I get to use the Defender to drive to my bike rides and the dog walks and not the 2011 Hyundai I had to use before (that I can now sell).

Eitan (06-09-2021)
Old 06-04-2021, 09:03 AM
Overlanding
Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Not as well fitting and nice as shown in their Insta pics. I can see where these would be fitting for an old Defender but not the new, $80k Defender.

I'll sell mine if someone wants a complete set and doesn't want to wait for them

Joe

Barstoolman1127 (06-04-2021)
Old 06-04-2021, 02:12 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 1,402 Likes on 689 Posts

Originally Posted by NAS437

I'm sorry -- I've been trying to find a diplomatic way to say those look like week-old $hit, but creativity and tact elude me.

If those were $59 on Amazon or eBay I'd send them back.

By way of comparison, I had $350 TrekArmor (now called Bartact) covers on my Wrangler for six years -- just sold it to a friend. They are waterproof, cool, and actually fit the seats. And after six years of mostly window-less exposure, they literally look the same as the day I installed them.

I sure wish they made Defender covers.

Not my Jeep, but these are the same colors.

Last edited by NoGaBiker; 06-04-2021 at 02:15 PM.

Quick Reply: Seat covers