Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tinted tail lights install pic

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2022, 03:46 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Tinted tail lights install pic

Got these from Amazon, like with everything there I went in with little expectations. They installed very easily, and look much better I think. I know not legal everywhere, but they are easy to take off if needed. Or just take the ticket.

Old 01-08-2022, 05:23 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 63 Likes on 23 Posts

interesting! do you mind taking a night pic of them too? is the light visibly less?

The following users liked this post:
joeg679 (12-02-2023)
Old 01-08-2022, 07:24 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 1,154 Likes on 623 Posts

I am now somewhat curious to know what the license plate frame says !

The following 2 users liked this post by nashvegas:
73matt (11-30-2023), GrouseK9 (01-09-2022)
Old 01-08-2022, 11:34 PM
4wd Low
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by USMC_Denver
Got these from Amazon, like with everything there I went in with little expectations. They installed very easily, and look much better I think. I know not legal everywhere, but they are easy to take off if needed. Or just take the ticket.

Where did you end up ordering your spare tire cover from? It looks awesome, especially the decal/inlay to make ‘defender’ stand out.

Old 01-09-2022, 06:38 AM
Three Wheeling

I can get night pics tonight. I also ordered the headlight tint stick ons, be here in a week or so. We drove it last night for dinner, backing up I couldn't tell a difference. I followed her in my car last week, and looks plenty bright enough to me. I am sure it's lost some, to me it's not a lot. LED's are strong, and the tint is not that dark, and the plastic not that thick. Just enough so when sitting there it blocks out the red and white.

Haha, the license plate says, "This is not my husbands truck". My wife had to let everyone know its hers. Most assumed it was her husbands, like when a girl drives a big jacked up truck. I drive a Mach-E, and she drives this. She does have the more manly vehicle and lets me know it all the time :eyeroll:

I bought the tire cover from Amazon, and had the local Land Rover dealership paint it. This was before you could get it already painted, we've had it since the first of the year. Now you can buy it painted to match any color, check out Amazon there are several. The decals I bought from www.powerfuluk.com. They no longer sell just the decals, you have to buy them with the tire cover. I bought a set of two, messed the first one up too much and used the second one. Not the easiest to put on for me. He has a video showing the installation process, and he does it no problem.

https://www.powerfuluk.com/vehicles/...ll-decals.html

He also has a REALLY good youtube channel, they mod and make many parts for his Defender. I find the channel interesting and have bought several things from them.

Old 01-24-2022, 12:07 PM
Three Wheeling

Not a night time pick, but you can see that they are still very bright. Having driven behind my wife at night I can't tell a difference. I am sure there is a slightly dimmer light, just not that I can tell without a side by side.

I also installed the headlamp tint. The left (by looking at it) it headlamp has the tint on it. Like the back, they are not really dark, and I cannot tell a difference driving. I meant to get a pic with the lights on and with one tint on and the other off but I forgot. Just went to installing both of them. Can't really tell with the bright sun on it, without that you can tell the tint is there and to me looks much better.

joeg679 (12-02-2023)
Old 11-29-2023, 08:00 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 29 Likes on 20 Posts

Not a night time pick, but you can see that they are still very bright. Having driven behind my wife at night I can't tell a difference. I am sure there is a slightly dimmer light, just not that I can tell without a side by side.

I also installed the headlamp tint. The left (by looking at it) it headlamp has the tint on it. Like the back, they are not really dark, and I cannot tell a difference driving. I meant to get a pic with the lights on and with one tint on and the other off but I forgot. Just went to installing both of them. Can't really tell with the bright sun on it, without that you can tell the tint is there and to me looks much better.

how dim is the reverse light in the dark with these covers on? I wanna get them but I’m concerned I won’t be able to see much when backing up because my windows are tinted as well

Old 11-30-2023, 06:24 AM
Three Wheeling

Originally Posted by JimmyAK
how dim is the reverse light in the dark with these covers on? I wanna get them but I’m concerned I won’t be able to see much when backing up because my windows are tinted as well
Even at stock the reverse isn't great to me. The tint made it worse. Enough where I needed more light. I got some reverse lights after getting tired of not being able to see well. The orange light on the side mirrors make it even harder to see.

https://lucky8llc.com/collections/de...ed-upgrade-kit

Those lights are easy to hook up and make a huge difference.

Huc (11-30-2023)
Old 12-02-2023, 08:29 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 29 Likes on 20 Posts

Even at stock the reverse isn't great to me. The tint made it worse. Enough where I needed more light. I got some reverse lights after getting tired of not being able to see well. The orange light on the side mirrors make it even harder to see.

https://lucky8llc.com/collections/de...ed-upgrade-kit

Those lights are easy to hook up and make a huge difference.
Nice I might have to get those. Can you post a pic of what they look like on your vehicle?

Old 12-02-2023, 09:11 AM
Drifting
Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts

Appreciate the side-by-side comparison!

Quick Reply: Tinted tail lights install pic