Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Trunk draw systems

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2024, 03:49 PM
Mudding
Received 94 Likes on 57 Posts
Default Trunk draw systems

I'm looking at getting a trunk draw system, so was trying to find all the ones available. Also before anyone asks, my building skills are not up to the task! As my dad used to ask "do you even know which end of a hammer to hold?"...

So far I have found:
I'm leaning towards the Big Country ones. I found one available in the US (https://basecampprovisions.us/produc...ig-country-4x4).

Also found these, that are not what I want.Does anybody know of other systems? Thanks!

Last edited by tbrown; 07-09-2024 at 03:55 PM.
Old 07-09-2024, 04:05 PM
Mudding
Received 107 Likes on 69 Posts

Drawer If needed I can Draw you a picture of a Drawer that is Drawn open. Or ask your Dad. He might be on to something. A bit a humor for today.

Last edited by SilverSFR; 07-09-2024 at 04:16 PM.
The following 4 users liked this post by SilverSFR:
chpsk8 (07-10-2024), dcphotos (07-10-2024), Seventh (07-09-2024), WTFChuck (07-09-2024)
Old 07-09-2024, 04:43 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 119 Likes on 42 Posts

Here is the one I bought. Shipping from the UK was quite expensive.

https://www.travall.co.uk/index.php?...ducts_id=21211

The following 2 users liked this post by Adamalli:
Defendit.. (07-10-2024), spritekk (07-11-2024)
Old 07-09-2024, 07:04 PM
Mudding

Originally Posted by SilverSFR
Drawer If needed I can Draw you a picture of a Drawer that is Drawn open. Or ask your Dad. He might be on to something. A bit a humor for today.
Too true! Do I say English is not my strong suit, yet it is the only language I know!
I'll try and update the thread title.

Last edited by tbrown; 07-09-2024 at 07:12 PM.
The following users liked this post:
SilverSFR (07-09-2024)
Old 07-10-2024, 09:54 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 47 Likes on 23 Posts

If I were to spend R19,999, I'd skip the drawers and just fly to South Africa and spend a couple nights here. Unfortunately it's in a Land Cruiser rather than a Land Rover, but...

Old 07-10-2024, 10:48 AM
7th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you are based in Colorado, Air Down Gear Up does customized drawers (not just those they have on the online store). They are in Frederick, CO if I'm not mistaken. Definitely less pricey than Goose Gear and they do utilize aluminum extrusions. There is also an option for a bed platform.

For all other customized drawers, I'll suggest looking at Drawersystems.com, he is based in FL, so far, the ones he fabricates are made from wood that are raptor lined. In SoCal there is TerraQuest over at Riverside (They too fabricate with Starboard and alu extrusion).

I'm collecting my defender in a month or two and plan to reach out to ADGU or TerraQuest.

Old 07-10-2024, 11:37 AM
Mudding

Originally Posted by socal927
If you are based in Colorado, Air Down Gear Up does customized drawers (not just those they have on the online store). They are in Frederick, CO if I'm not mistaken. Definitely less pricey than Goose Gear and they do utilize aluminum extrusions. There is also an option for a bed platform.

For all other customized drawers, I'll suggest looking at Drawersystems.com, he is based in FL, so far, the ones he fabricates are made from wood that are raptor lined. In SoCal there is TerraQuest over at Riverside (They too fabricate with Starboard and alu extrusion).

I'm collecting my defender in a month or two and plan to reach out to ADGU or TerraQuest.
Thanks! I'll reach out to ADGU, as I am in Colorado and they are about a 20 minute drive away!

Old 07-10-2024, 12:02 PM
Three Wheeling

I reached out to ADGU a year and half ago to get a drawer system made. At the time they were looking for a Defender to develop a system for and I was also only about 30 minutes away from there shop. I went and talked to them. They measured out my vehicle and we discussed a few different option. Unfortunately the price they came back with was pretty high but I would say inline with the systems they had for other similar vehicles. What made me decided against it was they wanted to charge me additional development fee that added about 25% more to the price. I would have been ok with that if it was truly a custom system but they were at the time going to use what they developed to sell to other Defender owners. I get that they were trying to recoup their development costs but I wasn't willing to shoulder that burden. I would have expected them to just wrap that cost into the cost of doing business and hopefully by developing the system they would get a few more Defender owners to buy their product.

I ended up buying the Travall product. With shipping from the UK it was less than the ADGU system by almost half. Is it exactly what I wanted, no, but it works very well and fits into the back of the defender like it belongs there.

The following users liked this post:
spritekk (07-11-2024)
Old 07-10-2024, 12:25 PM
Mudding

Originally Posted by Adamalli
I reached out to ADGU a year and half ago to get a drawer system made. At the time they were looking for a Defender to develop a system for and I was also only about 30 minutes away from there shop. I went and talked to them. They measured out my vehicle and we discussed a few different option. Unfortunately the price they came back with was pretty high but I would say inline with the systems they had for other similar vehicles. What made me decided against it was they wanted to charge me additional development fee that added about 25% more to the price. I would have been ok with that if it was truly a custom system but they were at the time going to use what they developed to sell to other Defender owners. I get that they were trying to recoup their development costs but I wasn't willing to shoulder that burden. I would have expected them to just wrap that cost into the cost of doing business and hopefully by developing the system they would get a few more Defender owners to buy their product.

I ended up buying the Travall product. With shipping from the UK it was less than the ADGU system by almost half. Is it exactly what I wanted, no, but it works very well and fits into the back of the defender like it belongs there.
Ugh! Good information to know.
I think you might have just convinced me to go the Travall route too! I like how you can get access to the default jack, can you get access to the other side too?

Old 07-10-2024, 12:41 PM
Three Wheeling

Don't take what I said as they are bad company. They make a very good product, especially if you are buying something they have already developed, like for a 4Runner. Someone will eventually pay the premium and have them develop something for a defender and then I am sure their product will be awesome. In general they are cheaper than other options out there.

As for the Travall product I had to modify it slightly because I have the rear cooling unit which sticks out into the side wing things. Yes you can get to the jack, but that is it. The other side doesn't move.

Quick Reply: Trunk draw systems