Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Trunk draw systems

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2024, 01:39 PM
7th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Adamalli
I reached out to ADGU a year and half ago to get a drawer system made. At the time they were looking for a Defender to develop a system for and I was also only about 30 minutes away from there shop. I went and talked to them. They measured out my vehicle and we discussed a few different option. Unfortunately the price they came back with was pretty high but I would say inline with the systems they had for other similar vehicles. What made me decided against it was they wanted to charge me additional development fee that added about 25% more to the price. I would have been ok with that if it was truly a custom system but they were at the time going to use what they developed to sell to other Defender owners. I get that they were trying to recoup their development costs but I wasn't willing to shoulder that burden. I would have expected them to just wrap that cost into the cost of doing business and hopefully by developing the system they would get a few more Defender owners to buy their product.

I ended up buying the Travall product. With shipping from the UK it was less than the ADGU system by almost half. Is it exactly what I wanted, no, but it works very well and fits into the back of the defender like it belongs there.

good to know! I did saw on Instagram that they have build a system for a defender 110 recently.

thats a shame though, I really liked how clean it looked and of course customization.

Old 07-10-2024, 07:31 PM
Mudding
Received 94 Likes on 57 Posts

I emailed ADGU and they replied with the following photo of a set for the 110.

They also just emailed saying my inquiry prompted them to update their website.
https://store.airdowngearup.com/prod...fender-drawers

The following users liked this post:
gearguywb (07-11-2024)
Old 07-10-2024, 08:30 PM
7th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tbrown
I emailed ADGU and they replied with the following photo of a set for the 110.

They also just emailed saying my inquiry prompted them to update their website.
https://store.airdowngearup.com/prod...fender-drawers
quite honestly, the pricing is better than I thought it would be. I watched their yt vids and was quite impressed with their bed platform option on the other vehicles.

Old 07-10-2024, 09:00 PM
Drifting
Received 25 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Adamalli
As for the Travall product I had to modify it slightly because I have the rear cooling unit which sticks out into the side wing things. Yes you can get to the jack, but that is it. The other side doesn't move.
Do you have any pics of what you had to mod for the climate? Also do you have a 5 or 7 seater? I have a 7 and want something like this that I can remove relatively easily when I need to haul the kids + their friends. This looks like it would fit the bill.

Old 07-11-2024, 04:48 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 165 Likes on 113 Posts

Originally Posted by tbrown
Too true! Do I say English is not my strong suit, yet it is the only language I know!
I'll try and update the thread title.
​​​​​​You're fine!

Most native English-speaking people need to consider the post about how to alter the word origin "draw" as needed in English.

Many eastern languages use "draw" or equivalent.

Old 07-11-2024, 08:25 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 119 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by 2thebrim
Do you have any pics of what you had to mod for the climate? Also do you have a 5 or 7 seater? I have a 7 and want something like this that I can remove relatively easily when I need to haul the kids + their friends. This looks like it would fit the bill.
The Travall side wings are just carpeted wood. I took a piece of scarpe plywood and traced out the original piece and traced out the cut out I needed for the climate. Added some automotive carpet and it fit in perfectly. I do have the 7 seater but I removed the third row and put a second battery system down there. The Travall is designed to sit down in the grove of the baseplate and side trim of the 5 seater and then attach to the cargo tie downs.. The lid/floor of the 5 seater would be removed. Not sure how it will fit with the third row. I suppose it could just sit on top of it. It is not a light unit so if you are planning to remove it a lot, that seems like it might be a hassle.