Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Two really basic questions on software & setups

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2020 | 01:33 PM
|
Recovery Vehicle
Default Two really basic questions on software & setups

My "bare bones" 2020 North America 110 S P300 continues to happily exist at the 2.0.5 version level. I don't desire to do much of anything in software or apps land, to the point that I just figured out by the manual that the dealer said I should log into some connectedness site on day one on the way home with the new vehicle (I never did because I did not understand their rush) because she preferred I set up a profile and open an account ($) and capabilities or some such? Well, Ok. No thank you, but I appreciate the offer, remains my response.

I have two present, easy questions:

1) Yesterday, while trying to figure out question 2, below, I discovered on my main, "ALL" screen that I have a weather button. I do not know if it is new or I just never looked, previously. I must admit it is very nice feature, particularly since it appears to be linked to the mapping logic.

Does anyone know if Weather is supposed to stay as part of the basic (free) capability or not? If I have it by mistake, I will just ignore the feature and not get used to using it.

2) Is it possible (and how would I do it) to have the Defender stop auto-engaging the lock-out for putting down the rear windows from the rear (child proof?) every time I start the vehicle, or must I treat it like the engine auto-stop button and disengage the child proofing every time I start the vehicle? The manual is not helpful here and I could not locate any such option by playing with the computer screens.

Thanks ! Enjoy !!

Last edited by TrioLRowner; 11-30-2020 at 01:36 PM.
Old 11-30-2020 | 02:16 PM
4wd Low

We have the exact same vehicle as your "bare bones" one, i don have an answer for your question, but I also would like the sunroof shade to not automatically close when I turn car off.......sorry for the hijacking of your post, but figured if an expert out there was in the answering mood, they could answer mine as well!

Old 11-30-2020 | 09:14 PM
Winching

Interior door handles and windows for rear passengers can be enabled and disabled with the button on the driver's door under the 4 power window switches. LED on = handles and windows disabled, LED off = windows and door handles operate normally.

Last edited by umbertob; 11-30-2020 at 10:40 PM.
Old 11-30-2020 | 09:35 PM
Overlanding

the sunroof shade can be turned on and off by looking under apps, then climate go to bottom and you can turn auto blinds on or off

The following users liked this post:
TrioLRowner (12-01-2020)
Old 12-01-2020 | 10:09 AM
Mudding

I would recommend getting your “In Control” account set up. I too am a P300 S without the extra sim slot or desire to turn the car into a hotspot or really have its own cellular account. I have a phone for that.

By setting up an account you will initially see 3 services if you use your credentials to log into “ incontrol.Landrover.com” . 1. Connected Navigation Pro -the built in 4G service for the car will also keep your navigation system updated and enable the machine learning features 2. Remote - very useful if you somehow lock your self out or want to preheat vehicle on a trip from comfort of hotel room. You also get the mechanical breakdown emergency service and stolen vehicle features. Both of these two accounts run for the length of your 4 year warranty and may be renewed after that for a price - I don’t know how much. Item 3 - Online pack with Data Plan -at first mine ran for 3 months and lately I see they gave me a year. This is what gives us the cool weather app calendar which I don’t have or streaming services. I am like you -I like the weather which is similar to Sirius but really I know what the weather is from my phone so a bit redundant. That said I have a year to play with it and watch to see if that service becomes more stable-for many I don’t think it has been. I use tiles on my Pivi Pro and keep it in number 4 slot so I can swipe to it. On big road trips I believe I will like it much as I did the Sirius Weather. I am also on the fence about Sirius service after the trial period. It is expensive and my Pandora app streams very nicely from my phone laying on the charging pad.

Hope this helps- I will try to attach screen shots from my account explaining the services.

Old 12-01-2020 | 11:08 AM
Mudding

Two more thoughts. Make sure you have latest REMOTE app on your phone and as far as the ROUTE app for now I wouldn’t bother. JLR is having trouble with it and really they are a victim of their own success with PIVI PRO (did I really say that). I can talk the desired address in so easily and rapidly in normal voice that it negates the advantage of the ROUTE a app in my mind. It was a good service for my RAM Pickup because talking it in was just OK. This is good. Each generation of chip seems much better no matter what car almost. And my initial experience with some very good tests are that the navigation and directions for this system are quite good.

‘’one other interesting thing about the REMOTE app is you can look back at your “JOURNEYS” and see all the details including a map. What I have done is checked my average fuel economy for each Journey.

The following users liked this post:
The_hog (12-04-2020)
Old 12-07-2020 | 09:00 AM
Rock Crawling

Originally Posted by Tacoman
We have the exact same vehicle as your "bare bones" one, i don have an answer for your question, but I also would like the sunroof shade to not automatically close when I turn car off.......sorry for the hijacking of your post, but figured if an expert out there was in the answering mood, they could answer mine as well!
Originally Posted by docnj
the sunroof shade can be turned on and off by looking under apps, then climate go to bottom and you can turn auto blinds on or off
I have a D5 and the auto blinds seem to close at a certain temp or brightness when off. i haven't verified it exactly but my sun shades stay open when I turn it off in the garage.