Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tyre Noise when using Goodyear Wrangler All Terrain Adventure

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2023, 01:56 PM
Mudding
Received 51 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by GavinC
I found them to be completely adequate in the rain.
They're really more like a highway tire than an A/T.
Entirely inadequate for my other needs but for highway and rain, they tick all the boxes. We get some rain from time to time here in the PNW.
Thank U for that. I have read mostly good things about these tires & road manners. Most say they are good in rain.

Old 07-09-2023, 02:20 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 165 Likes on 113 Posts

Originally Posted by disco96sd
what is a "tyre" ?
Hmmm... You know ""colour" is the British spelling of color, right?

Old 07-09-2023, 03:02 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 2,505 Likes on 1,016 Posts

Originally Posted by dshark1
Thank U for that. I have read mostly good things about these tires & road manners. Most say they are good in rain.
No worries. They're a good highway tire no doubt. Just erroneously mislabeled.

Old 07-09-2023, 03:31 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 232 Likes on 116 Posts

Originally Posted by dshark1
Thx for the input…. Looking to do a A/T tire for the look ,but good performer in the rain.
I don't agree with wcc18999. I find the all terrain adventures to be excellent in the wet. We had a ton of rain earlier this year, our wettest season for years, and they performed remarkably well. I do not know what tires that member has, but I know what I have and in my experience they work well in wet conditions. Heavy rain for us always causes pavement to be slippy, and the tires didn't put a foot wrong. I quite enjoyed pulling away hard from a stop when others were pulling away tentatively because of the conditions.

Old 07-09-2023, 04:36 PM
Mudding
Received 51 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by swajames
I don't agree with wcc18999. I find the all terrain adventures to be excellent in the wet. We had a ton of rain earlier this year, our wettest season for years, and they performed remarkably well. I do not know what tires that member has, but I know what I have and in my experience they work well in wet conditions. Heavy rain for us always causes pavement to be slippy, and the tires didn't put a foot wrong. I quite enjoyed pulling away hard from a stop when others were pulling away tentatively because of the conditions.

Much appreciated info,Thx! The GYA are definitely on my radar. Just trying to decide if I should use up the Scorpions 🦂 a bit more ( which by the way, I have experienced hydroplaning with) & Get my money’s worth, before buying new thread. Lol

Old 07-10-2023, 01:21 PM
Overlanding
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Well worth it in my opinion - recently switched to the goodyears over the scorpions - i will say they seem *marginally* noisier than the scorpions but they are very grippy and handle well in the rain

The following 2 users liked this post by Couriki125:
dshark1 (07-10-2023), Ratledge (07-10-2023)
Old 07-10-2023, 03:03 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 681 Likes on 409 Posts

LOL...I can't believe people are actually buying the GY Wrangler Adventure tires. Sure, they are quiet on the road and decent in wet, I'll give you that. Good in soft sand too since the tread pattern isn't aggressive like a mud tire so it doesn't dig in sand. But they are poor off road and puncture easily on rocks. They are horrible on ice and snow. Back in 2020 & 2021 so many of us posted a set of 5 near-new GY Wrangler Adventure tires in the marketplace here for FREE and there were no takers. I actually gave mine to the parts department at the local LR dealer for free rather than just throw them out.

Simply, there are better tire choices out there...Nokian WR G4 SUV if you drive in winter and don't want to buy a second set of dedicated winter tires. Cooper Discover AT4S or Falken Wildpeak AT3 if mostly on road with some off road. Or the Duratracs if doing serious off road.

The following users liked this post:
GavinC (07-10-2023)
Old 07-10-2023, 04:06 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 2,505 Likes on 1,016 Posts

Originally Posted by PaulLR
LOL...I can't believe .....how great a tire they are [sic]
I know somewhere where you can get a great deal on a nearly new set of four.

Last edited by GavinC; 07-10-2023 at 04:09 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by GavinC:
dshark1 (07-11-2023), PaulLR (07-10-2023)
Old 07-11-2023, 07:28 AM
Mudding
Received 138 Likes on 70 Posts

I’m running the factory Goodyear Adventures on 18” wheels. I don’t fully agree with some of the posts above. My comments are based on about 9,000 miles since taking delivery, including 500 miles (each way) of 70-80 mph highway driving over the July 4th weekend in some heavy rain, and two serious off-road days at an off road park in Pennsylvania.

- Really pretty quiet, even at 80 mph. The vehicle’s sound insulation is very good, and the tires aren’t loud. We could have normal, quiet conversations at full speed.

- Fine in the rain. I backed off of 80 when it was torrential, but any sane person should. I never felt any instability or slippage.

- Surprisingly good off-road. I went to Rausch Creek Off Road Park in central PA. Rocky terrain, but not a lot of sand or mud; we stayed on their “green” trails which are as challenging as stock vehicles can handle - the blues and blacks are for lifted, modified trucks on 33” or bigger tires. I aired down to 18 psi, and had visions of the TFL cut sidewalls dancing before me. But they did fine. I was keeping up with Wrangler Rubicons, Broncos, and the occasional 4Runner. My limiting factor was my ground clearance (110 on coil springs). The tires never slipped.

The only thing I haven’t tested them in yet is snow - we had a mild winter here this past year.

I originally planned to swap them out for Toyo Open Country A/T3 or Falken Wildpeaks when I took delivery, but as others have noted there is no market for zero-mile Adventures. I would have been spending a few thousand to replace brand new tires. So I chose to drive them until they wear out. I still plan to replace them with a more aggressive AT/3PMSF tire when the time comes, but no regrets for keeping them.

The following 3 users liked this post by Mike_F:
dshark1 (07-11-2023), menemenlik (09-06-2023), PaulLR (07-11-2023)
Old 07-11-2023, 07:46 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 681 Likes on 409 Posts

Totally agree with Mike_F. I didn't see any reason to discard the GY Adventure tires when new and I'm wearing out my OEM set as well. Probably the best tire I have ever experienced in soft beach sand.

The only reason I had a new set to get rid of in 2021 was because I bought a set of barely used Defender take-off wheels that came with GY's. I removed the GY's and used those wheels for dedicated winter tires. .

The following users liked this post:
dshark1 (07-11-2023)

Quick Reply: Tyre Noise when using Goodyear Wrangler All Terrain Adventure