Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tyre Noise when using Goodyear Wrangler All Terrain Adventure

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2023, 07:51 AM
Mudding
Received 51 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by Couriki125
Well worth it in my opinion - recently switched to the goodyears over the scorpions - i will say they seem *marginally* noisier than the scorpions but they are very grippy and handle well in the rain
Originally Posted by Mike_F
I’m running the factory Goodyear Adventures on 18” wheels. I don’t fully agree with some of the posts above. My comments are based on about 9,000 miles since taking delivery, including 500 miles (each way) of 70-80 mph highway driving over the July 4th weekend in some heavy rain, and two serious off-road days at an off road park in Pennsylvania.

- Really pretty quiet, even at 80 mph. The vehicle’s sound insulation is very good, and the tires aren’t loud. We could have normal, quiet conversations at full speed.

- Fine in the rain. I backed off of 80 when it was torrential, but any sane person should. I never felt any instability or slippage.

- Surprisingly good off-road. I went to Rausch Creek Off Road Park in central PA. Rocky terrain, but not a lot of sand or mud; we stayed on their “green” trails which are as challenging as stock vehicles can handle - the blues and blacks are for lifted, modified trucks on 33” or bigger tires. I aired down to 18 psi, and had visions of the TFL cut sidewalls dancing before me. But they did fine. I was keeping up with Wrangler Rubicons, Broncos, and the occasional 4Runner. My limiting factor was my ground clearance (110 on coil springs). The tires never slipped.

The only thing I haven’t tested them in yet is snow - we had a mild winter here this past year.

I originally planned to swap them out for Toyo Open Country A/T3 or Falken Wildpeaks when I took delivery, but as others have noted there is no market for zero-mile Adventures. I would have been spending a few thousand to replace brand new tires. So I chose to drive them until they wear out. I still plan to replace them with a more aggressive AT/3PMSF tire when the time comes, but no regrets for keeping them.

Thank U both for the great input. Highly appreciated! More than sure this will be my next tire 🛞 after I use up the scorpions…. 99% on road driving for me, Just looking for a little more of a aggressive thread pattern as should be on a Defender. Along with the occasional trail or wet grass,gravel when taking my granddaughter fishing. No hard core off-road here! Where I understand sidewall trouble can arise with the adventures. So for me, I think they are checking all the boxes.

Old 07-11-2023, 07:53 AM
Mudding
Received 51 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by GavinC
I know somewhere where you can get a great deal on a nearly new set of four.

Shipping to Florida probably wouldn’t be pretty! Lol

The following users liked this post:
GavinC (07-11-2023)