Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Updated my Gap IIDTool and.. global open/close works w/ keyfob

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2023, 01:46 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 1,167 Likes on 627 Posts
Default Updated my Gap IIDTool and.. global open/close works w/ keyfob

Updated my Gap IIDTool this week, to the latest firmware -- and it added a number of new CCF lines. And now, I can open and close all the windows and sunroof with the key fob. Which is actually very handy.

MultiCAN 723 SMRF Global Close - changed to Enabled
MulitCAN 719 CDL Global Close - changed to Enabled
MultiCAN 719 CDL Global Open - changed to Enabled
EUCD 184 Global Open/Close - changed to Global Open/Close Doors + Sunroof

Note: A few months ago, I just changed EUCD184, which enabled the settings on the Pivi screen, and allowed global open with the key fob, but only allowed global close w/ the button on the door. Which wasn't awesome.

Anyway, this is actually a really useful feature for me, with hot car, dogs, etc. Thought it might be for others. Found this on Defender2.net.

Last edited by nashvegas; 08-12-2023 at 01:52 PM.
The following users liked this post:
GavinC (08-12-2023)
Old 08-12-2023, 04:17 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 160 Likes on 111 Posts

Just got mine activated and set many things I wanted, but I have no "EUCD184" ? 181, 185 & 186, but no 184.

Old 08-12-2023, 05:47 PM
Pro Wrench

@Ratledge I was having the same issue. I think step 1 is selecting "unhide unsupported" when you are in the main CCF list. If that doesn't work, try updating the firmware on the IIDTool. When I did that, it added a bunch of lines others were posting about. Like the ones above.

My understanding is that with every Gap IIDTool firmware update, they are adding more lines and options in the CCF code. I was still on the "beta" release from last year.

PS updating this also on my IIDTool added a line "777" -- which for dynamic being able to be selected w/ the rotary ****. So I also did and like it lots (before I had to hit the rotary ****, then press the dynamic button on the Pivi screen - I find it easier to press the rotary ****, then turn it left a few clicks.)

starbai (08-15-2023)
Old 08-12-2023, 07:44 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 2,306 Likes on 951 Posts

Great info Nash.

Thanks for sharing. Global close definitely a good feature we should have. Global open is less useful. I never use it.

Old 08-12-2023, 09:15 PM
Mudding
Received 97 Likes on 43 Posts

The GAP IID tool is awesome. Have made several additions/changes to both mine and my wife’s defenders. Good info on selecting to see unsupported CCF’s that brings many more to the list and allows changes like the dynamic mode one mentioned. I can’t remember but I had a couple missing until I did that then was able to make the change I wanted. If interested here is a link to another site with 40+ pages of info on the GAP tool including lists of all current proven changes. More info is always good in this situation. Nice work. I recently tried to upgrade my setting for the matrix headlights and adaptive driving beam. Unfortunately no joy there but if I want to purchase different headlights I could update I believe.

https://www.defender2.net/forum/topi...720e4efacbd2f8

Old 08-13-2023, 06:14 AM
Rock Crawling

Originally Posted by ORDPA

If interested here is a link to another site with 40+ pages of info on the GAP tool including lists of all current proven changes. More info is always good in this situation.

https://www.defender2.net/forum/topi...720e4efacbd2f8
Best reference is at the end of page 40.

Still missing one or two, but rather complete.

Old 08-13-2023, 08:44 AM
Mudding
Received 97 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by Ratledge
Best reference is at the end of page 40.

Still missing one or two, but rather complete.
Yes it was nice of Ian to compile a list of known changes that are able to be made. Several of us on there are working on Advanced Tow Assist. Not that it is needed but is a semi cool feature. We have been trying and have it close. Probably missing one little change. Hoping to get that one figured out soon but we will see.

Old 08-13-2023, 01:11 PM
Rock Crawling

Yes it was nice of Ian to compile a list of known changes that are able to be made. Several of us on there are working on Advanced Tow Assist. Not that it is needed but is a semi cool feature. We have been trying and have it close. Probably missing one little change. Hoping to get that one figured out soon but we will see.
One of the few options I didn't get, so bring it on...

Old 08-14-2023, 02:43 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 62 Likes on 33 Posts

Thanks Scott, I do get in here from time to time also

Cheers
Ian
​​​​​​​

ORDPA (08-14-2023)
Old 08-14-2023, 12:06 PM
Pro Wrench

@Dan Hairy Ian Dan Hairy etc (nice name) - how do you have steelies on a V8 ? (was just browsing your lovely instagram)

Quick Reply: Updated my Gap IIDTool and.. global open/close works w/ keyfob