Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wood Trim Finishers

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2021, 10:49 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 95 Likes on 37 Posts
Default Wood Trim Finishers

After placing my order the other day, I started to look to see if there were any pictures of the wood trim finishers. I currently have the Khaki on Rough Cut Walnut on order, but it seems that the photos dont match up with the online builder. Does anyone have photos of the wood trim options in real life?

Thanks in advance!

Old 06-24-2021, 11:43 AM
Drifting
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Here is a picture of mine.

The following 3 users liked this post by dsallean:
AvoTow (06-24-2021), MattEvan (09-05-2021), splathead (06-24-2021)
Old 06-24-2021, 06:34 PM
Mudding
Received 67 Likes on 48 Posts

In a related question, who finds either the "Natural Smoked Dark Oak veneer" or the "Rough-cut Walnut veneer" finishers to look as good as anticipated/hoped? In my opinion, when seen in person, the Dark Oak looks nearly black and you can barely seen any "grain" and the "Rough Cut Walnut" looks to faux wood for my tastes. Bad fake wood is worse in my opinion than just simple plastic trim.
I've ordered an X so I don't have a choice to go with the "ebony" trim in other models. I'm hoping the aftermarket may come to the rescue and offer REAL wood replacement parts.

Old 06-24-2021, 07:06 PM
Mudding
Received 74 Likes on 35 Posts

I like the dark oak in mine, but I didn't have any expectations since mine wasn't a pre-order. I think it blends nicely with the rest of the colors in my interior and it contributed to love at first sight when I saw the vehicle sitting on the showroom floor. The trim does feel super cheap though if you tap on it!
​​​​​​​

Old 06-24-2021, 07:35 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 1,392 Likes on 687 Posts

I’ve not received my 110 yet, but I made the sales manager find the little 4x6-ish chunks of representative wood at the dealership before I ordered. I thought I wanted the darker one, based on the internet pix that show the walnut looking so orange. At least on the sample I saw, it didn’t look anything like the orangeness of the pictures, including DSAllean’s up above, and was also much darker. And the oak also looked darker than the pictures. I confirmed that the labels were what I was looking for.

That said, maybe the samples are wrong, and in real life it looks like the pictures. If so, I’ll remove mine and refinish it or have it refinished to a shade I prefer. But if it looks like the Rough Cut Walnut sample at dealerships, I’ll love it.

Old 06-24-2021, 10:27 PM
Drifting
Received 29 Likes on 13 Posts

Here’s a couple of shots of the dark smoked oak in mine.

Old 06-25-2021, 06:48 AM
Mudding
Received 83 Likes on 40 Posts

I have a Dynamic HSE with Khaki leather and black robustek (or whatever the black surrounds are called). Ordered the rough cut wood finisher and love it. It’s not at all orange like in the pictures. Just the right accent for the interior in my opinion. I don’t have any pictures of my interior but can try and take some to upload. I spec’d mine at the dealer and ordered exactly what I wanted, and if I were to do it again I’d definitely get the wood finishers.

Old 06-25-2021, 07:06 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 1,392 Likes on 687 Posts

Originally Posted by 4Corsa
I spec’d mine at the dealer and ordered exactly what I wanted, and if I were to do it again I’d definitely get the wood finishers.
Good to hear; I agonized over the “wood or no wood” and the “which wood” questions and even started a thread on here back in March before ordering the rough cut finally, after seeing a sample. But I still haven’t seen it inside a Defender.

I figured it looks like it comes off easily enough, so I can swap it for the non-wood or refinish it if I don’t like it, so worth taking a chance on.

Old 06-25-2021, 08:18 AM
Drifting
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by NoGaBiker
Good to hear; I agonized over the “wood or no wood” and the “which wood” questions and even started a thread on here back in March before ordering the rough cut finally, after seeing a sample. But I still haven’t seen it inside a Defender.

I figured it looks like it comes off easily enough, so I can swap it for the non-wood or refinish it if I don’t like it, so worth taking a chance on.
I think it adds a nice touch. I am glad I did it. Walnut is one of my favorite woods to work with. I also thought that if I don't like it I can refinish it or make some replacement pieces myself as I am a woodworker. Also thought that someone creative might come along and make some aftermarket wood replacements that look really nice if I don't like mine. It does look simple to remove but I haven't tried.

The following users liked this post:
Redford (08-10-2021)
Old 06-25-2021, 09:56 AM
Mudding
Received 67 Likes on 48 Posts

The Dark Oak looks lighter in these pics - it is nearly black in person and you can hardly see any faux-grain unless you look closely.

Quick Reply: Wood Trim Finishers