4X4 Events and Weekend Outings Post Your Wheeling Pictures and Videos Here!

Conclave 2013

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2013, 08:51 PM
Overlanding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Conclave 2013

Conclave 2013 September 19 – 22
Do you want to know more?

Old 02-01-2013, 07:28 AM
Winching
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Um yeah!!!

Old 02-01-2013, 08:06 AM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

im staying at the Crowne Plaza this year, that camp 5 was just too much.

Old 02-01-2013, 09:31 AM
Camel Trophy
Received 226 Likes on 195 Posts

Originally Posted by hilltoppersx
im staying at the Crowne Plaza this year, that camp 5 was just too much.
I'm interested, but I have heard a bunch of nonsense about the camps. It sounds like a fun event. However, the stories I've heard about fist fights, inverted flag flying, and the cops being called make me not want to go. Can anyone shed some light on exactly what happened and what measures are being taken to ensure similar incidents don't occur?

Old 02-01-2013, 09:54 AM

Originally Posted by fishEH
I'm interested, but I have heard a bunch of nonsense about the camps. It sounds like a fun event. However, the stories I've heard about fist fights, inverted flag flying, and the cops being called make me not want to go. Can anyone shed some light on exactly what happened and what measures are being taken to ensure similar incidents don't occur?
that was all contained to camp 5. stay at any other site and you will be fine. although we did eat the best food and stay up the latest drinking adult beverages... in all seriousness it's a freakin great event and I look forward to the great wheeling and good friends.

Old 02-01-2013, 09:57 AM
Super Moderator
Received 1,507 Likes on 1,234 Posts

Can anyone shed some light on exactly what happened and what measures are being taken to ensure similar incidents don't occur?
Steve Young will be onsite and armed to deal with it

Old 02-05-2013, 09:33 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yeah...I'm actually gonna show up this year...

Old 02-06-2013, 07:40 AM
Mudding

I was, and still am one of the "staff" from last year. Yes, we had an unfortunate, isolated issue. Being that this was our first event, we have identified some short comings, and have put some measures in place to help prevent them in the future.
The camps are well spaced out, some as far as 1/2 mile. I was in camp 3, and had my 18'x18' tent up for morning coffee and general gatherings during the weekend. The only issue we ran into was too many trucks, and not enough parking during evening fires.
You will be hard pressed to find a better over all venu, and in general, a better group of people. Its a dam shame the good times that occured are overshadowed by one incident.
Come on out. Wheel, camp, enjoy the event.

Old 02-06-2013, 08:41 AM

make Jake come with you. he mentioned it when we were at the Pines last month

Old 07-10-2013, 10:42 PM
Overlanding

Conclave 2013

Event Registration, Dinner, and Raffle ticket is $80.00
The Cove Campground will collect a $25.00 flat fee for each trail vehicle plus camping fees
3 nights camping is $60 per adult
2 nights camping is $50 per adult
kids under 12 are $25 for 2 or 3 days camping.
An example of total cost.
A single person arriving on Thursday and departing on Sunday will pay a total of $80.00 + $60 + 25 = $165
Yes we managed to do it a little cheaper this year thanks to Rick Newman.
Passengers are $20 extra and they also receive dinner and a raffle ticket
Kids 12 and under will receive a dinner ticket from Lucky8
You will only be charged the camping fee for the nights you stay so those arriving later will pay less for camping. This will be a 4-day, 3 night event, starting on Thursday September 19th
Children under 2 are free.

In case you have been living under a rock and never heard of conclave here's last years official video.

Registration opening soon.

Quick Reply: Conclave 2013