4X4 Events and Weekend Outings Post Your Wheeling Pictures and Videos Here!

Hollister SVRA, California

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2007, 05:06 PM
Winching
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Hollister SVRA, California

For those of you in North Cal there's a very nice SVRA in Hollister to spend the day Off roaving. Was wondering if anyone with some experience or knowledge of the park would like to put together an un-official weekend trip out there for us. I would love to do it myself but I don't claim to know the park well enough to plan out a route nor do I have enough off- road experience to safely lead a group.

Even if you can not lead but would be interested in joining such group in that location, please post so we have a basic idea how many vehicles we would need to plan for! Let us know what you would be driving and any mods done to itif any.

<------ 06 LR3 HSE, Replaced factory 19 wheels with 18. Replaced factory tires with 265/60/18 Silent Armor AT's.
Thank you.

Old 06-08-2007, 02:39 PM
Winching
Default RE: Hollister SVRA, California

Well, since I see plenty of Rovers passing me on the highway on the way to work evey morning here outside San Francisco I will move to make the assumption that the LR owners here in the north bay area make up the majority of the 66% owners who never take their trucks off the pavement.

Not a single person seems interested in getting together for a saturday of fun meeting other owners and members of this forum and doing some fun, safe off-roading as a group!! Go figure.[sm=headbang.gif]

Just in case the tread just went unread or un noticed I would like to leave the invitation open. I am still interested in getting together for a Saturday of good fun with you and your family. Don't let Hollister scare you. Most trails don't require any modifications to a Land Rover. Stock vehicles will do quite well and I don't plan to tackle any dangerous trails that would risk damage to anyone's pride and joy!

If your only off-roading experience has been when the salesman took you for that short ride around the off-road obstacle at the dealership, then you are only making use of 50% of your vehicle and you have no idea just how much fun you are missing!!! C'mon, get that new Rover dusty for a change [sm=guilty.gif]. You will thank me later

Old 06-08-2007, 02:42 PM
Winching

By the way, if you are in the market for some new tires and have been reading the different treads on tire choices, come check out my new Wrangler Silent Armors and how they look on the new vehicles and how they perform on the trail. I think you'll be as impressed as I was.

Old 12-09-2008, 05:30 PM
Overlanding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Jantiz, this thread looks very lonely.. I don't know when my next free weekend will be, but I am definately up for this run in Hollister ( never been ) My Rover is stock. I live in the central valley
Keep in touch

Old 08-24-2009, 05:48 PM
4wd Low
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hollister

I just got back from Hollister for the second time. It was super fun. My Range Rover was able to takle all the Blue Square trails without getting stuck or body damage. If anyone is interested in heading down just send me a PM

Old 08-25-2009, 08:33 AM
Administrator
Received 103 Likes on 85 Posts

I have run those trails 5 or 6 times over the years, this time of year, they are easy and fun, but wait till it gets wet. Last time I was there, we spent 2 days and it rained, snowed or hailed on and off the whole time, now we are talking fun.