Land Rover Forums - Land Rover Enthusiast Forum

Land Rover Forums - Land Rover Enthusiast Forum (https://landroverforums.com/forum/)
-   Build Threads (https://landroverforums.com/forum/build-threads-43/)
-   -   My new Disco 1, hello from Socal (https://landroverforums.com/forum/build-threads-43/my-new-disco-1-hello-socal-70270/)

USNAVYORDNANCE 05-10-2015 10:39 PM

Almost done... Got all six edge bends exactly how I wanted them. I add gussets I areas I had to graft in. Gutter mounts are compete and I mocked it up yesterday. Looks bitchin! Didn't get much work done today but I'm on the home stretch. Light bar fabrication is next. More pics to come.

USNAVYORDNANCE 05-20-2015 01:43 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Mount tabs made and lights are mocked up! 40 inch dual row LED by oz-usa, 2x nine inch round HID's for the front and 2x four inch round HID's for the rear. Gonna be bright as hell!

Still gonna add a long section of flat stock that runs from the front gutter mount to the rear gutter mount. That will stiffen it up plenty and add more of a footprint. Also gonna add some steel cross bars and steel basket type material. She's getting a bit heavy (80lbs or so) but she's never been accused of being lite on her feet ;)

fishEH 05-20-2015 03:28 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by USNAVYORDNANCE (Post 519426)
Mount tabs made and lights are mocked up! 40 inch dual row LED by oz-usa, 2x nine inch round HID's for the front and 2x four inch round HID's for the rear. Gonna be bright as hell!

Still gonna add a long section of flat stock that runs from the front gutter mount to the rear gutter mount. That will stiffen it up plenty and add more of a footprint. Also gonna add some steel cross bars and steel basket type material. She's getting a bit heavy (80lbs or so) but she's never been accused of being lite on her feet ;)

The flat stock in the rain gutter is a good idea, but you may find it kinda challenging. Brad at RockStar Fab made racks like this, that had a single "foot" running the length of the gutter. The issue was the slightly curved rain gutter made it difficult to run a single continuous piece of flat stock. He gave up building racks partly because of that. I have 1 of the 2, maybe 3 that he built.

Attachment 35711

USNAVYORDNANCE 05-20-2015 10:57 PM

Well luckily I didn't run into this issue. The 1/8 by 2 inch flat stock worked great for me and sits good in the gutter. Will post pics soon. I'm really digging this rack I'm building!

USNAVYORDNANCE 06-04-2015 12:01 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is a pic of New to me good and passenger fender I picked up this past weekend. She's getting a paint job soon and figured I'd swap these out before hand. I also scored (from a unknown source) a .50cal reticle that will be my hood ornament :)

antichrist 06-04-2015 05:36 AM

I'm curious why you replaced a good paper air filter with one that's been proven to let more dirt in to your engine?

USNAVYORDNANCE 06-04-2015 11:50 AM

Simple, more airflow and I like the look.

The S10 rad core ended up being a whole 1/2 inch thicker/wider than the GM 2500 series rad core. I'm happy about that. I'll post pics later.

USNAVYORDNANCE 06-04-2015 01:07 PM

BTW, no more engine ping, ticking or knocking with regular unleaded gas (87). Cutting the cats out solved that issue I guess?

TOM R 06-04-2015 01:32 PM

or just made it louder like mine so you cant hear it ;)

USNAVYORDNANCE 06-12-2015 10:24 AM

Should be done with my safari rack this weekend! Got the rear light tabs burned in, hi-lift mount burned in and all the welds cleaned up (not much but making them uniform). Some light scuffing is next then gonna paint it. The fun part will be running all the wiring... Lol. Luckily I have a hole with a grommet already from my CB antenna cable.