Detailing Discuss detailing your ride within.

Steering Wheel Leather

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2009, 05:37 PM
4wd Low
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Steering Wheel Leather

The leather, between 10 and 2, on my disco 2 sterring wheel is worn. It gets very tacky when humid as the "seal" on the leather has worn. Per my fathers suggestion, I used saddle soap to try and clean the leather, but to no avail. Does anyone have any clue or experience on how I can recondition and reseal this leather?

Old 03-25-2009, 05:59 PM
Mudding

I work with leather all day, and usually, once it's worn like that, there's nothing you can do. I would try cleaning it with leather tannery, or some other leather cleaner, to see if it's actually dirt on the steering wheel, or if it's actually wearing off. They only thing i can think of to seal the leather other than a water proofer, is to use a leather glazer. but the glazer will make it really shiny (because that's what it is supposed to do) and i don't know how it would hold up in the summer heat.

Old 03-26-2009, 02:42 PM
4wd Low

Hey thanks for the info. I am certain that it is at the worn stage. Do you have a reccomendation of a sealer or glaze? I am new to this and have no idea what to get or where to get it from. Thanks!