Discovery I Talk about the Land Rover Discovery Series I within.

1995 Disco Key fob reprogramming

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2019, 07:42 PM
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1995 Disco Key fob reprogramming

Hi there, can anyone point me in the right direction to programming a key fob for my 1995 Disco

Old 08-06-2019, 08:50 PM
TReK
Received 653 Likes on 559 Posts

You have to do these steps VERY QUICKLY or it will not work!!!!

Have FUN!

> https://www.roverparts.com/TechTips/...gle_button.cfm

The following users liked this post:
RJ5 (08-24-2019)
Old 09-03-2021, 12:15 AM
Mudding
Received 35 Likes on 28 Posts

edit: kept searching and found other threads that indicate keys need to be programmed by indy or dealer. Just dropped down my to-do list....

Old thread, but can anyone confirm if this works on a '97 D1? And can I take any old D1 key fob and re-program if to work on my truck?

I picked up one from a '98 and I'd love to get remote central locking to work. I have no interest whatsoever in activating an alarm (do I even have one? did they all come with one?) and will abandon this idea if there's a .01% chance of mucking with it. The central locking works with the key on the driver's door.

Any input appreciated.

Originally Posted by OverRover
You have to do these steps VERY QUICKLY or it will not work!!!!

Have FUN!

> https://www.roverparts.com/TechTips/...gle_button.cfm

Last edited by CantComplain; 09-03-2021 at 12:53 AM.
Old 09-04-2021, 10:22 AM
Winching
Received 58 Likes on 50 Posts

No these steps will not work for a 97. But the fob will work. You need a computer to program you fob. A Indy shop can do it if they have the right programmer.

Old 09-04-2021, 10:42 AM
Mudding

Originally Posted by aemnky606
No these steps will not work for a 97. But the fob will work. You need a computer to program you fob. A Indy shop can do it if they have the right programmer.
thanks for the input and confirmation. A couple questions if you (or anyone else) know:

I could possibly go back and get the receiver (?) device that was from the truck where I got the fob. Would that buy me anything? IOW, can the receiver and the fob be transplanted from one truck to another or is the receiver somehow married to the truck? If the set can be moved, what device do I need to get from the donor vehicle?

Also, will this muck with the alarm? I don't want an alarm and don't want to enable the immobilizer. If they were optional, I don't even know if I have it. But I can pretty well guarantee this will not be a target for theft and I don't want to take the chance that I'll either set off the alarm or disable it. I've seen too many threads where that happens, and no thanks.

Thanks for any input.

Old 09-04-2021, 10:55 AM
Super Moderator
Received 2,272 Likes on 1,676 Posts

94-95 & 96-99 D1 Alarms/Remotes = two totally different beast.

Old 09-07-2021, 09:42 PM
Winching
Received 58 Likes on 50 Posts

Yes, you can pull the green alarm box and the ECU from the truck the fob came from. The only down side is you don’t know what condition is of the ECU.

Old 09-08-2021, 06:26 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 390 Likes on 317 Posts

I have never locked my truck because of all this. I don't keep as much as a penny in it so I guess if someone broke in they could sit there and enjoy the view.

Old 09-08-2021, 07:55 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 39 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by CantComplain
thanks for the input and confirmation. A couple questions if you (or anyone else) know:

I could possibly go back and get the receiver (?) device that was from the truck where I got the fob. Would that buy me anything? IOW, can the receiver and the fob be transplanted from one truck to another or is the receiver somehow married to the truck? If the set can be moved, what device do I need to get from the donor vehicle?

Also, will this muck with the alarm? I don't want an alarm and don't want to enable the immobilizer. If they were optional, I don't even know if I have it. But I can pretty well guarantee this will not be a target for theft and I don't want to take the chance that I'll either set off the alarm or disable it. I've seen too many threads where that happens, and no thanks.

Thanks for any input.
You can swap the 10as from the donor truck to your truck if you have a way to put your ECU into security learn mode. Otherwise like mentioned above you need to have the ecu to swap in as well since they are paired.

If you don't have a shop nearby that can program the key to your 10as, you can ship me the 10as and fob and I can program them together.
I can also program the donor 10as to have as a spare if you're looking to stock some parts for the future.

Yes, the 10as by default has the immobilizer enabled when you lock the truck with the fob.
There is a way to program the 10as to not use any immobilization on door lock or fob locking - I have that capability as well but currently having issues with that and waiting on a response from the software provider.

Old 09-10-2021, 09:19 AM
Mudding

thanks, PM'd you.

If I lock with the fob and unlock with the key, is there any chance of getting the alarm or immobiliser out of sync with the locks? I don't want to jeopardize an otherwise well-running truck with electronic hijinks for a small convenience.

Quick Reply: 1995 Disco Key fob reprogramming