Land Rover Forums - Land Rover Enthusiast Forum

Land Rover Forums - Land Rover Enthusiast Forum (https://landroverforums.com/forum/)
-   Discovery I (https://landroverforums.com/forum/discovery-i-39/)
-   -   265/75's w/ TF 2" lift with camel cut PICS PICS PICS PICS (https://landroverforums.com/forum/discovery-i-39/265-75s-w-tf-2-lift-camel-cut-pics-pics-pics-pics-39186/)

XCELLER8 03-16-2011 08:51 PM

Originally Posted by thehun (Post 233433)
Light Duty....I am sitting at 35.25" on the front and 36" in the rear

thanks for the info...I've been debateing but pretty much decided thats the one I want.

rover11 03-16-2011 09:11 PM

Wow. I love it. I think I know what i want to do with mine now!!! You are using the factory wheels? I was going to create a thread asking if the stock wheels would work with larger tires. How was it on the trails? Do you have any pictures?

thehun 03-16-2011 10:48 PM

It did flawlessly on the trails/rocks/water...I had jeep owners be amazed with how much the Disco did with so little. I fell in love again with the Rover...she did not have one hiccup.

I would never go rock climing without upgrade tie rods...just fyi

The Light Duty springs work really well..they feel very planeted. This rig is my daily driver..and really cant tell the difference between sways and no sways....no sways on the trail makes this rig amazing....no need for extended brake lines either...

I will agree with people...rovers have a certain way they behave on the trails...

rover11 03-16-2011 11:21 PM

Originally Posted by thehun (Post 233488)
It did flawlessly on the trails/rocks/water...I had jeep owners be amazed with how much the Disco did with so little. I fell in love again with the Rover...she did not have one hiccup.

I would never go rock climing without upgrade tie rods...just fyi

The Light Duty springs work really well..they feel very planeted. This rig is my daily driver..and really cant tell the difference between sways and no sways....no sways on the trail makes this rig amazing....no need for extended brake lines either...

I will agree with people...rovers have a certain way they behave on the trails...

Please tell me you have more pictures?

bmxermike 03-17-2011 12:09 AM

How is the power with the bigger tires, also any difference in MPG? I'm thinking about getting the same size in the next few months and wondering if I should save for new gears or not.

thehun 03-17-2011 12:43 AM

about the same mpg...no gears needed honestly..she loves wheeling with these tires in 4lo as well as 4hi....

Cosmic88 03-17-2011 06:31 AM

Flip Wilson???

Originally Posted by ColoDisco (Post 233384)
I didn't know we could do that! I am getting ready to buy a new spare tire and was planning on making a bracket.

Rig looks good!

Sorry but that is ONE :cool: advantage of the DII over the I.

The carrier on the DI is not flip-able.... having said that, you can flip it all you want... but it won't raise the mounting bolts / lugs for off the bumper for the spare.

Flip ya for real...

Long Haul 03-17-2011 06:59 AM

If you have steel wheel for a spare you can flip it inside out. I have a 33x12.50 on mine like that and i have about an inch gap between the tire an bumper. If you have the alloy wheel as a spare your kinda stuck modifying the bracket or getting an offset bracket

thehun 03-17-2011 07:49 AM

I just put my spare inside the cargo area when i go wheeling..otherwhise on the road i have roadside assistance..i dont mess with changing tires on the road

latarheel 03-04-2013 07:51 AM

D1 cut

Do you have more close ups of the cut? I have 65/75's on a D1 w/ 3" OME lift and still have rubbing issues after the cut and have the same body moulding trim

Originally Posted by thehun (Post 233372)
ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting

wheeled 8-10hrs with this at an off road park...no rubbing or any sign of problems...im glad i went with 265's