Discovery I Talk about the Land Rover Discovery Series I within.

36X13.50R16 on a Disco 1?

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2011, 06:33 PM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

unless your friends are wheeling rovers with 36's i wouldnt worry about it... i bet you can keep up and pass them in a disco with 33's.

like everyone else said take the truck out stock and then take it from there.

discos are bad *** looking enough they don't need 36" tires.

Old 01-17-2011, 06:38 PM
Overlanding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Some on running pretty much buggys with 42's. I've been out with it stock and its been great even with my tcase issues(just got a used one today!) And no doubt a rover on 33's is plenty capable but I think I'm still gonna try and go the 36 route. This isn't gonna happen overnight. And it the truck is gonna look all hacked up and crappy I'm not gonna do it. If I can do it cleanly game on!

Old 01-17-2011, 06:54 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Frozen
ya figured on all of that. I was hoping to get away with 4" but that probably won't happen. Do you have a build thread on your truck? I absolutely love your truck.
I never really did a build thread on mine (kinda wish I wouldve) but 35"s are easily doable with 5" lift and cut out fender flares. You could probably go with a rovertym 5" springs and 2" body lift with cut outs and it would still be clean looking in my opinion. I honestly can say that I would never go any bigger then just 5" springs on these trucks. They get very top heavy after 3" lift. If you plan on just an off road truck go for it but as a daily driver mines borderline.

Old 01-17-2011, 07:00 PM
Overlanding

Originally Posted by Long Haul
I never really did a build thread on mine (kinda wish I wouldve) but 35"s are easily doable with 5" lift and cut out fender flares. You could probably go with a rovertym 5" springs and 2" body lift with cut outs and it would still be clean looking in my opinion. I honestly can say that I would never go any bigger then just 5" springs on these trucks. They get very top heavy after 3" lift. If you plan on just an off road truck go for it but as a daily driver mines borderline.
Ya it's not going to be driven everyday, but def going to get the miles put on. I really don't want to go with a 5" lift. Would like to stay with a 4".

I will probably end up doing this to my front, love the look! And hopefully stuff some 36's in the rear, if not i'll run 315/75/16 which is like 34.7" i think.

Old 01-18-2011, 04:14 PM
Recovery Vehicle

I was on Dweb looking around and it looks like guys with 5" lift and cut out flares are running 36"s if that helps your decision at all. To me it looks a little strange , to much tire for these trucks but thats my 2 cents.

Old 01-18-2011, 04:58 PM
Recovery Vehicle

Hey go for it, wheel what you want. Once you start cutting up too much of the vehicle it loses all of it's uniqueness. I used to wheel a 00' Cherokee and it had 8" lift and ran 35's. I did a lot of cutting to make it work right but it could take the rocks like it should. The drawback is that swapping axles is not as easy with a Rover than a Jeep. I would plan on a couple years to get it working right and when you are doing it you are not out wheeling with your friends.

Old 01-18-2011, 06:52 PM
Overlanding

I was on Dweb looking around and it looks like guys with 5" lift and cut out flares are running 36"s if that helps your decision at all. To me it looks a little strange , to much tire for these trucks but thats my 2 cents.
Ya I'm trying to make it look badass but not retarded lol. With your lift how the driveshaft handling it?

Originally Posted by handsome rob
Hey go for it, wheel what you want. Once you start cutting up too much of the vehicle it loses all of it's uniqueness. I used to wheel a 00' Cherokee and it had 8" lift and ran 35's. I did a lot of cutting to make it work right but it could take the rocks like it should. The drawback is that swapping axles is not as easy with a Rover than a Jeep. I would plan on a couple years to get it working right and when you are doing it you are not out wheeling with your friends.
Ya trying to keep as much rover as possible lol.

Old 01-18-2011, 07:40 PM
Recovery Vehicle

Im running tom woods shafts front and rear with the double cardan joints on the transfer case. They seem to be holding up well but they vibrate pretty good at highway speeds. I honestly still can run the factory rear if I wouldnt have bent it on a rock but the front shaft was way to hard of an angle for just a single joint shaft.

Old 01-18-2011, 07:59 PM
Recovery Vehicle

Well I just got the OK from the boss, so im gonna put 5" under mine in the next few weeks. As soon as I get them installed ill let you know about tire size if thats any help.

Old 01-19-2011, 07:33 AM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Well I just got the OK from the boss, so im gonna put 5" under mine in the next few weeks. As soon as I get them installed ill let you know about tire size if thats any help.
you sick bastard.

Quick Reply: 36X13.50R16 on a Disco 1?