Discovery I Talk about the Land Rover Discovery Series I within.

Another day, another issue heh...

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2010, 11:20 AM
Mudding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another day, another issue heh...

Sup all, hows it going. Got some quick questions for people with lifts out there as well as a potential issue I wanted some advice on.

First, I was driving yesterday and I thought I heard something but my friend who ws riding heard nothing and I didn't notice any change in driving, so I just brushed it off as highway debris. What's strange is that shortly after that when I was breaking I "felt" something bump my foot, Its almost impossible to describe. It only happens occasionally when breaking, and I'm thinking it might have been my dress shoes hitting the bottom plastic part of the seat because my seat has some slack (I need to tighten the bolts so it doesn't move when I brake hard), and there have been literally no mechanical issues, my breaking is fine and my shifting is also good. Also wearing sneakers since I haven't felt it. To be honest, I just want to hear if anyone else has had this problem because I figure its better to be safer than sorry. There could just be a loose extension from one of my wrenches in the back I cant find lol.

To my question, for those with lifts and who off road, how beneficial do you all think upgrading my suspension will be without a lift right now? I don't plan on doing any heavy off roading yet as the disco is my daily driver right now, but I'm hoping to buy a bike early next year so that i can do some more off roading without this, so im wondering if you all think upgrading the suspension and possibly giving it a lift before planning to off road would be beneficial or would it just hurt fuel economy and put unnecessary stress on the suspension from highway driving?

Old 09-17-2010, 11:38 AM
Administrator
Received 103 Likes on 85 Posts

The only way to up-grade your suspension is by installing a lift, coils/shocks.
What year is your truck, have you been having ABS issues, how many miles on it and when did you last flush the brakes?

Old 09-17-2010, 01:26 PM
Mudding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Disco Mike
The only way to up-grade your suspension is by installing a lift, coils/shocks.
What year is your truck, have you been having ABS issues, how many miles on it and when did you last flush the brakes?
1997 disco se mike, 61k miles, just finished doing most of the 60k mile list (including brake pad change and brake bleed, no leaks or issues there). And I was just about to ask what symptoms would alert me if its the abs? The hasn't been on (besides the initial 0-7mph light thats supposed to go on), but I was just wondering if that could have been it.

Also thanks to whoever bputah for my fender light, delivered it real quickly, I plan on going back in that other thread and PMing you but I figure you may see it here first.

Edit: do you think it could be something like this mike? https://landroverforums.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=29060

I oso considered an issue similar to this guys: https://landroverforums.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=34207

But the symptoms for the latter don't really meet mine, I don't have issues turning, no real loud noises driving (besides the time I first noticed this yesterday and whenever it randomly occurs), etc. Again,if it's not the abs, I'm thinking I may legitimately just have been driving on some pretty shoddy roads because I didn't notice it this morning.

Last edited by Hyakku; 09-17-2010 at 01:40 PM.
Old 09-17-2010, 08:49 PM
Team Owner
Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts

Open the hood and pull the 30amp ABS pump fuse from the fuse box under the hood and see if the problem goes away.
If it does then it is a ABS issue and you will need to put the fuse back and then follow the link in the tech section on ABS trouble shooting.