Discovery I Talk about the Land Rover Discovery Series I within.

brush guard

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2011, 07:47 AM
Drifting
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default brush guard

Can anyonehelpme with some pics, dimensions etc. on the brush guard for Disco I's? I am going to weld one up for mine but cant find any parts pics that give me dimensions and how they attach.

Being here in Maine I really dont have any I can walk up to and check out.

Thanks,

Eoghan

Old 03-15-2011, 05:04 AM
Three Wheeling

IF your a fabricator/welder, why don't you just build one off your platform? Why do you need numbers off another bumper/brushguard product?............Just sayin...

Old 03-15-2011, 05:30 AM
Drifting
Default Brush

Yes I could, and have considered my own designs, but I want to try to get as close as I can to the original.
I have quite a few designs I have been working on for mine, and it looks as if I will have to go with my own ideas unless I buy, or have opportunity to measure and check originals.

Sort of a pain in the **** to experiment with your only decent vehicle by attaching what you think might match the aerodynamics of it just to see a bumper, or headlamp flash past you at 70 due to your super rad mod, eh?

Now, I will admit that I could probably weld wings and a fin to the roof and it wouldnt affect the already brilliant resistance (thats sarcasm) this box on wheels has, but I dont want to try.

I also dont want to have to alter it. That is why it is wise to find weights, measures etc. to know what the hard drinking wench can handle at speed.

But, just saying, others can weld tube to their Rovers all day and its your experiment. I dont have the cash to create probs and agro to see if I can mount 40 floods to my bumper in case there is a black out in my drive.

Cheers,
Eoghan

Old 03-15-2011, 10:08 AM
TReK
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I'm sure there are several people that can get you the dimensions of their modified(see dented/bent) brushguards. But it would probably be easier to just make one using your own design. If you are that concerned with aerodynamics, additional lighting and design, then just go out and buy one.

Old 03-15-2011, 12:52 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

If you will pay for the shipping, I have my old one laying by my driveway that I will gladly send you. It is the original LR brush Guard. I removed it because it had a fair amount of corrosion where it rotted thru from the inside.

You may be able to cut out sections and weld in new or you an use it as you choose. If you are succesful in building a good one, I may want you to do one for me as well with me covering the materials and shipping in return.

I have considered cutting out the bad and sleeving it or whatever, but really don't have the time to fool with it, don't have a welder here, and hate to just throw it away. But I will be more tha happy to give it to you if you want it.

Old 03-15-2011, 07:30 PM
Three Wheeling

Aerodynamic and Rover don't go together......

Old 03-16-2011, 07:43 AM
Drifting
Default Danny Lee

PMed on guard.Thanks for the offer it would make a great template