Discovery I Talk about the Land Rover Discovery Series I within.

D1 & D2 values and overall info

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2019, 03:37 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default D1 & D2 values and overall info

I am looking at a 2001 D2 with 140k no rust I can post options if I get any reaponses. I was wondering if values of those are increasing like a list in here said the D 1’s are. Also I was wondering what 2001 D2’s were selling for in good shape with that mileage and pro’s and Cons. Thank you I hope I’m posting in the right spot.

Old 03-11-2019, 10:24 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 131 Likes on 111 Posts

You can take a look at Kelly Blue Book and get an idea for where you live, but I have seen prices go for the higher side in the real world. I believe that is because of the Barrett-Jackson auctions where people love to overspend on cars. Seems like most people start with an extra high price so they can go down and still get what they want. If you go in with facts about what it would cost to fix any defects, the price will drop fast.

https://www.kbb.com/

Old 03-12-2019, 04:45 PM
Three Wheeling

Kelly blue book seems way off
or I am not realistic, 1500.00 for a 50th anniversary with 86k in great shape seems quite low. I feel the best info is from other owners on this site. I think I am about to sell my 50th in Woodcote greeen all stock I’m the second owner and I don’t want to over price not sell too low but I will not sell it to someone that will not take care of like it need.

Old 03-12-2019, 05:42 PM
Super Moderator
Received 2,297 Likes on 1,688 Posts

When it comes to old LR's being sold it comes down to the condition of the LR. KBB & NADA might as well be totally exempt lol. If your D1 is in as good of shape as you describe I'd say 5500.00 is a far asking price. Trust me you'll get lowball offers from people probably trying to just flip it, then you'll finally have a true LR enthusiast come along look it over & drive off happy with their classic British 4x4.

I sold my 98 D1 LSE 2.5 years ago for 5500.00 cash to a LR enthusiast that had a 97 D1 XD years earlier and price wasn't even talked about. Heck they showed up to look at it said they'd take it and they hadn't even popped the hood cranked it up, or driven it!!!!!! They knew exactly what they were buying = a darn near perfect LR in excellent condition they could just drive home and enjoy vs the 500.00 parked out back for 10 years rotting CL special. It was getting dark by the time they'd come to look at it, they handed me 3500.00 in cash and said they'd meet up on the weekend because they didn't want to drive it back in the dark and have something happen (like an a deer hit them). I've never had someone do that & to be fair I handed them the title, but didn't sign it. They drove 2.5hr home, and over the weekend we met back up, I was handed the rest of the cash, I signed the title and the title form & off they went. I still keep in touch and they absolutely baby it!

I had my fun with it & I'm so happy it found such a great home!!! Trust me the right person will come along.

Old 03-12-2019, 07:58 PM
Three Wheeling
Default Thank you Sir and found a New oil

Great. Thank your for your time replying to me. I am doing my damndest to keep it as well as the commuter car I need. Not that money is no onjrct but it’s not the determining factor, driveway space is more important to the wife, I hate to think of the morning I walk out side and it’s not there. I have been changing the oil every 1000-1200 miles because it’s draining darker than I think it should be and because I want to find out what it really likes and tonight I tried Castrol Edge synthetic 5w/30 and immediately the engine is much more quiet almost unbelievably quiet, I have tried it all probably changed the oil 20 times in the 10 months I have had it. I have heard that these things have their own tastes and I think I found what drink it likes.