Discovery I Talk about the Land Rover Discovery Series I within.

Dealer friendly?

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2010, 10:07 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Spencerfitch
Offtopic.....

Ill be in Denver/Winter Park next friday, Can I borrow one of yalls rovers?
not mine, but, I live in New Jersey. If you were in the area, I would consider it!

Old 12-02-2010, 01:48 AM
TReK
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by demonlarry
"code" is not the end of the story. I don't get paid for the walking or the talking either, IF YOU WOULD HAVE READ THE ENTIRETY OF MY POST, you'd have seen that I wasn't trying to start controversy...

I take it all back...

Dealers are scum, how dare they not work for free, how dare they think that their time is worth something. How very dare they think that while everyone else is toiling for nothing, that they, the crumby, money hoarding, dealer think that they are the exception to the rule and are entitled to some type of monetary compensation for time and or diagnostic equipment that they have paid for.

Jeppers, creepers, I didn't realize what kind of dick I am...
Rabble rouser. But I think you will find everyone agrees, dealers are scum. Not even good enough to get between my toes.

Old 12-02-2010, 07:38 AM
Winching
Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Huh?

Originally Posted by Spencerfitch
Offtopic.....

Ill be in Denver/Winter Park next friday, Can I borrow one of yalls rovers?
Just rent a Jeep at the airport!

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=2c7370fd9f

...at this point I'd say anything to slow down this dealership thread.

Last edited by Cosmic88; 12-02-2010 at 07:43 AM.
Old 12-02-2010, 08:41 AM
Camel Trophy
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I will say that not all dealers are scum.

The scum - The cadillac dealer charged me $120 to tell me I needed $1700 worth of gaskets on my CTS. I found a TSB for the situation I described to them in great detail and fixed it myself for $120 in parts from another dealer. My wife, who is a mechanical retard, wanted to help and did the wrench turning and part swap. They also charged me $370 for a "fuel system update" that was a crank sensor I swapped later. They also told me to stop running Premuim fuel. That was when I knew I was dealing with idiots.

The Good - LR Tulsa has beaten Atlantic British on every part I have gotten from them. This has saved me a ton on shipping, and they have even given me parts scheduled for trucks in the shop so I can get mine back on the road. I got a gift certificate as a present and had enough left over after my thermostat for 3 coffee mugs. The Manager ran out to my truck as I was leaving with 1 more. He told me I needed 4 to make a set and that he appreciated my business...

The point is, it isn't necessarily the dealership, but the manager and service writers that make the call. It is expensive to maintain a shop, so it really depends on bottom line. I know what I spend there doesn't make a crap, but they know that I am an enthusiast. I will always suggest them to friends.

My wife wanted a new SRX Cadillac. We got a GLK350 because I will never buy a Cadillac as long as we have the crappy dealer here. Hopefully we can get the Mercedes paid down enough to pick up an LR4 next spring..

Old 12-02-2010, 10:18 AM
TReK
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by ColoDisco
I guess the point of this rant is, if you do not support those who work so hard to keep your name brand on the road then what is the point?
I am continually fighting with people that believe you have to support local businesses. I tell them, once a business shows they will not support me, I go elsewhere...which sucks cause where I live, the internet is the elsewhere.