Discovery I Talk about the Land Rover Discovery Series I within.

Electrical Diagram HELP - HHO Genorator Hook up ??

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2015, 06:07 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Question Electrical Diagram HELP - HHO Genorator Hook up ??

Hello I have a 1997 Disco I and going to hook up a digital EFIE to un-fool ECM for O2 sensors and MAF sensor so I can run HHO gas. This is basicly a fuel trim or lean chip.

I have to spice it in between the upstream O2's and the MAF wires and the ECM. I have d/l a couple ECM diagrams but getting lost .... Savanna Buzz said in a thread some where that She/he can access the pin layouts for O2 sensors on a disco II. I am looking for the same help.

According to the Rave manuel, I have a SFI V8 (nas only)?? I see the connector lay out C112 & C113 for the upstreem O2's but not sure what color they are on the O2 side. Cant find that info. I have a ECM diagram that claims the colors for C113 ( right O2) are:
Connector - ECM SIDE
1 OG - OG
2 YB - YB
3 WG - WG
4 WO - WO

But when look at the Left C112, they dont match the ECM Diagram at all ?
Connector - ECM SIDE
1 UY/GR - GRN/RED ?
2 UW/NU - BRW/BLU ?
3 B/WG - WHT/GRN ?
4 NU/WO - WHT/ORG ?

So If some one can help me with this, that would be great !!!

I need to find the signal wire from the left/right upstream and the downstream. I don't need to splice any thing eles from the o2's. Just 4 signal wires.

One more thing, where the heck is the diagram for the downstreams ??? Never saw those mentioned anywhere

Old 04-13-2015, 09:01 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 399 Likes on 383 Posts

Well Armless, I believe that the jets way above are cloud seeding mind control medications. Apparently they're failing or succeeding in a large way.

Whatever ETM your using is not the same as in the Rave and my copy shows all four 02's and their color codes and the two ECM connectors start with CXXXX and not CXXX. That's five digits not four. You obviously are using a "ROW" diagram which means they deleted the rear 02's, there aren't any downstream 02's nor are there in the 94/95 Disco's with MFI. ROW = Rest Of World (Specification).

You really think HHO works? Do you really want to butcher up your wiring to find out it doesn't?

SB is a "He" although I thought it rather funny you called him a she/he. I hope his wife doesn't find out.

So..... do you live in North America? I ask because you don't think "NAS" means you do. NAS = North American Specification.

If you live in the Deep South you have enough humidity to create an HHO generator right there. Are you saving fuel? (I already know the answer......) The whole concept of hydrogen/oxygen is a myth. The first folks that did it did not use a generator, they used a drip bottle. Water vapor in a gasoline engine cleans the carbon from it (blown head gaskets) so that is what saves you fuel, the self cleaning properties of steam. A clean motor runs more efficiently. The rest of the "concept" is nothing more than a bogus ploy to get you to buy something you don't need.

Browsers can have spell checking enabled. Tough to decipher what your asking without reading it several times.

Old 04-13-2015, 09:32 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 57 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by ihscouts
Well Armless, I believe that the jets way above are cloud seeding mind control medications. Apparently they're failing or succeeding in a large way.

Whatever ETM your using is not the same as in the Rave and my copy shows all four 02's and their color codes and the two ECM connectors start with CXXXX and not CXXX. That's five digits not four. You obviously are using a "ROW" diagram which means they deleted the rear 02's, there aren't any downstream 02's nor are there in the 94/95 Disco's with MFI. ROW = Rest Of World (Specification).

You really think HHO works? Do you really want to butcher up your wiring to find out it doesn't?

SB is a "He" although I thought it rather funny you called him a she/he. I hope his wife doesn't find out.

So..... do you live in North America? I ask because you don't think "NAS" means you do. NAS = North American Specification.

If you live in the Deep South you have enough humidity to create an HHO generator right there. Are you saving fuel? (I already know the answer......) The whole concept of hydrogen/oxygen is a myth. The first folks that did it did not use a generator, they used a drip bottle. Water vapor in a gasoline engine cleans the carbon from it (blown head gaskets) so that is what saves you fuel, the self cleaning properties of steam. A clean motor runs more efficiently. The rest of the "concept" is nothing more than a bogus ploy to get you to buy something you don't need.

Browsers can have spell checking enabled. Tough to decipher what your asking without reading it several times.
**** dude, dial it down a bit. No need to **** in the guys corn flakes like this. You just about called him everything short of loony tunes...

Originally Posted by thearmlesswonder
Hello I have a 1997 Disco I and going to hook up a digital EFIE to un-fool ECM for O2 sensors and MAF sensor so I can run HHO gas. This is basicly a fuel trim or lean chip.

I have to spice it in between the upstream O2's and the MAF wires and the ECM. I have d/l a couple ECM diagrams but getting lost .... Savanna Buzz said in a thread some where that She/he can access the pin layouts for O2 sensors on a disco II. I am looking for the same help.

According to the Rave manuel, I have a SFI V8 (nas only)?? I see the connector lay out C112 & C113 for the upstreem O2's but not sure what color they are on the O2 side. Cant find that info. I have a ECM diagram that claims the colors for C113 ( right O2) are:
Connector - ECM SIDE
1 OG - OG
2 YB - YB
3 WG - WG
4 WO - WO

But when look at the Left C112, they dont match the ECM Diagram at all ?
Connector - ECM SIDE
1 UY/GR - GRN/RED ?
2 UW/NU - BRW/BLU ?
3 B/WG - WHT/GRN ?
4 NU/WO - WHT/ORG ?

So If some one can help me with this, that would be great !!!

I need to find the signal wire from the left/right upstream and the downstream. I don't need to splice any thing eles from the o2's. Just 4 signal wires.

One more thing, where the heck is the diagram for the downstreams ??? Never saw those mentioned anywhere
That said... ihscouts is right, the energy required to produce HHO would probably strip away any efficiency gains from introducing it into the intake charge.

Here are your schematics, happy tinkering.

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
1997_O2S_NAS.pdf (30.7 KB, 89 views)

Last edited by Racer X; 04-13-2015 at 09:35 PM. Reason: Attached the ROW schematic, whoops!
Old 04-14-2015, 09:03 AM
Three Wheeling

Thank you Hamal T. That was page I was looking at from the rave manual. (large file version)

I replaced the upstream ones recommended by members on this forum but not the downstream ones. It was the general opinion not replace them because they are not part of the fuel management system. Just some history.

I located the downstream ones and saw it on page 7 of A3. I must have over looked it. I am trying to figure out the signal wires still. Thoughts ????

Just so every one knows, I'm not here to discuses HHO, make any claims or make hostel arguments about the subject. I am well versed in this subject and if you should wish to discuss; I'd gladly hand out my phone number to have a conversation. I would not attempt this unless I knew what I was doing and understood the facts.

ihscouts, My name is not Armless; its Alexander. My user name is TheArmLessWonder. I suffer from disabilities which may include literature. Among them, I am missing an arm. I did not chose these conditions. With that said, you chose to be rude. I ask you to please hold your commits. Thank you.

Last edited by thearmlesswonder; 04-14-2015 at 12:40 PM.
Old 04-14-2015, 10:25 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Do you have robot arms? That would be rad!

Old 04-14-2015, 12:55 PM
Three Wheeling
Question

Originally Posted by USNAVYORDNANCE
Do you have robot arms? That would be rad!
I have a mechanical one when I ride my mountain bike ! Its not robotic sadly. I made it two years ago and its interesting to use when doing downhill MTB.

I think I narrowed the signal wires down on the upstream as pin 33 & 34
Or is it 21 & 32 ??
I don't think it is 21&32 because wires 4 from C112&C113 combine together. I am guessing those are the ground or some low voltage Negative current.

On the page 7 of A3, pin 17 and 8 are the down stream signal wires ?

Can any one confirm this? Not sure if I'm looking at this right. Thanks !

I clipped pages from the Rave Manual and attached for convince.

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
3.9 1997 Disco O2 diagrarm.pdf (52.5 KB, 112 views)

Last edited by thearmlesswonder; 04-14-2015 at 12:58 PM.
Old 04-14-2015, 01:06 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Sounds like you're mechanically/technically inclined. BUILD A ROBOT ARM AND POST PICS!

The following users liked this post:
thearmlesswonder (04-14-2015)
Old 04-14-2015, 01:45 PM
Three Wheeling

Originally Posted by USNAVYORDNANCE
Sounds like you're mechanically/technically inclined. BUILD A ROBOT ARM AND POST PICS!
Thanks, I'm planing on building a new Down Hill MTB arm with all kinds of adjustable shocks to server as muscles under tension. I'll post pics later this year. It may come in handy for severe off roading LOL

Old 04-14-2015, 02:00 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 122 Likes on 105 Posts

I have been interested in HHO generators and have built a few for my own testing. I am trying to get sufficient HHO using just water, but have not yet accomplished it. I have a scaled down version of Stan Meyers unit I built using clear ABS so I can see what is happening inside. Modified the controller for a higher output as the one listed in their literature was not strong enough to do the job. Never considered adding it in my DiscoI but that might be an interesting project. I have a friend that added 2 units to his 1 ton yan and has seen improvements in his daily MPG but nothing outstanding.

Just something to play with in my spare time.

Old 04-14-2015, 03:19 PM
Three Wheeling

Originally Posted by jimvw57
I have been interested in HHO generators and have built a few for my own testing. I am trying to get sufficient HHO using just water, but have not yet accomplished it. I have a scaled down version of Stan Meyers unit I built using clear ABS so I can see what is happening inside. Modified the controller for a higher output as the one listed in their literature was not strong enough to do the job. Never considered adding it in my DiscoI but that might be an interesting project. I have a friend that added 2 units to his 1 ton yan and has seen improvements in his daily MPG but nothing outstanding.

Just something to play with in my spare time.
Hey Jimvw57, that sounds great. Glad there are others on here experimenting with this stuff. I have built the same one too. No a great out put due to the high level of science required using his whole set up. I have two other designs that have a low amp draw and a great out put. really simple to assemble and maintain. How ever, you need to use a digital EFEI like the one I have or others. You can not run HHO on a EFI system with out it.

I can run a 5400W Generator of HHO currently. It runs a 100% mix straight in the carb. Powered HHO draws around 40-60amps DC. using a 120v power supply to DC. Supplied with its own power. there's another name for it. I broke that one by letting a work bench fall on it. Rebuilding the HHO soon. Here's how you can reach me if you wan to discuss HHO. 757-656-6755

Soon as I figure out the Signal wires on the O2's, i'll Hook it up and post test results. It will take a month or two.

Quick Reply: Electrical Diagram HELP - HHO Genorator Hook up ??