Discovery I Talk about the Land Rover Discovery Series I within.

FYI on cheap parts

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2014, 06:27 AM
Drifting
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default FYI on cheap parts

Just an FYI, not sure if anyone here has used them but Quality Land Rover Parts Spares and Accessories Online is really cheap.
even with shipping from the UK their prices almost always beat out the other vendors I have been using.

Just thought I would share this, I have been buying so many parts recently that I would have gone bankrupt if I hadn't found these guys.

Old 01-13-2014, 11:15 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts

I ordered rocker arms and shafts form them before. I paid by Paypal and the receipt said Allmakes, Ltd.

Old 01-13-2014, 06:42 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 399 Likes on 383 Posts

Allmakes.....uh, not so good. The reason their cheap is cuz China is their supplier.....

Old 01-13-2014, 08:17 PM
Recovery Vehicle

Allmakes is one of the larger supplier on the other side of the pond hard to believe all there stuff is junk.

Allmakes= Terrafirma, Exmoor Trim

Old 01-13-2014, 09:21 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 399 Likes on 383 Posts

You missed my point by an ocean probably because you don't know what I'm talking about. I can buy Allmakes branded parts from CONUS suppliers.....Allmakes middlemen. I don't if my customers can afford not to (and I do explain why to them) but by all means don't let that stop you.

Old 01-14-2014, 04:08 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I just went through their site and I gotta say the prices aren't all that cheap to say the least.

Just got a water pump from Trevor at rovahfarm for less than they want for the knockoff one AND it is oem. I would suggest you give him a try. Plus he is a great guy, very knowledgable and extremely helpful.

Old 01-14-2014, 05:00 AM
Drifting
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow, a lot of haters,
geek_IM ill have to check out rovahfarm for sure next time i'm ordering,

but a couple of things,
AllMakes is a reseller, you can choose the quality level on most parts (Allmakes 4x4 | Wholesaler of Parts and Accessories for Land Rover Vehicles)
for example sway link bushings, good ones (not the cheapest ones) from allmakes: $27.45, same ones from Atlantic British $59.95. shipping cost (for me in Ontario Canada) are almost exactly the same, I dont pay duty coming from the UK (I do from the US) and I get it in 7 days (14 from AB)
Im also pretty confident that AB uses allmakes as a supplier for many of their components also so a lot of this stuff may be exactly the same.

So its a case of buyer beware, I shop around for every order I place, and these guys are one more vendor you can keep in your back pocket and use when its appropriate.

Old 01-14-2014, 07:45 AM
Camel Trophy
Received 226 Likes on 195 Posts

Its not hating, its experience.
Many of us have had bad experience with AllMakes parts. I had trailing arm bushings that lasted two days before falling apart. I had TWO timing sprockets and both had slag in the woodruff keyhole from the casting process. Their QC is not good. They came out with their PR2 line as an afterthought to their crappy normal line.
Yes AllMakes owns TerraFirma and maybe Exmoor(I'll take your word for it) but that doesn't mean squat. McDonald's owns Chipotle and the two are worlds apart.

I'm all for getting the best deal possible. However, I don't think the standard AllMakes line is a good deal at all.

Old 01-14-2014, 11:21 AM
Recovery Vehicle

Originally Posted by geek_IM
I just went through their site and I gotta say the prices aren't all that cheap to say the least.

Just got a water pump from Trevor at rovahfarm for less than they want for the knockoff one AND it is oem. I would suggest you give him a try. Plus he is a great guy, very knowledgable and extremely helpful.
RovahFarm is one of my first places to check when I need to order parts. I have received Allmakes parts from Trevor.

I only ordered once from the site the OP posted. They were by far the cheapest for a set of rocker arms and shafts ($155 delivered). Thy have been running since August with no ticks.

From what I have read on LRF, Land Rover OEM bushing will outlast any aftermarket bushing (rubber or poly).

Old 01-20-2014, 07:20 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Check out these 8mm plug wires for 38.00 and they come in several colors. Spark Plug Wires for Land Rover Defender, Discovery and Range Rover, and Morgan

Quick Reply: FYI on cheap parts