Discovery I Talk about the Land Rover Discovery Series I within.

Had to do it, removed the warning light bulbs

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2011, 09:00 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Had to do it, removed the warning light bulbs

At this point, I am sick of looking at the ABS, SEL, and CEL light. I had to remove them for the time being, and will get to each issue in the near future.....(in the next few weeks)...

I know...I'm a bad boy....

Old 07-13-2011, 09:39 AM
Administrator
Received 103 Likes on 85 Posts

One of the "LAMEST" threads I have seen in awhile, so my question is why, or why post a thread like this and make us wonder why?

Old 07-13-2011, 10:40 AM
TReK
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I'm sick of my oil leaks, so I removed the oil...

Old 07-13-2011, 11:21 AM
Winching
Location: Oklahoma; where the winds come rolling down the plains.
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

What we used to say in the Marines; Good initiative, bad judgement. There are plenty of knowledgable Discovery owners on this forum that can assist you in troubleshooting each and every problem. Seek them out. Shame on you.

Old 07-13-2011, 04:34 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

As long as he stays on SF, we don't need to worry about him.

Jimmy Fallon said there is a movement to remane the souther portion of California to "Southern California", however the local residents feel it would be better to call it what it is, "Nothern Mexico" I agree with Jimmy.

Old 07-13-2011, 05:18 PM
Recovery Vehicle

Originally Posted by Disco Mike
One of the "LAMEST" threads I have seen in awhile, so my question is why, or why post a thread like this and make us wonder why?
Mike...yes, it is a lame post. I knew it prior to posting it....just wanted a change in subject matter to bring out responses like yours (and Chris-bob).

I am really love driving my Disco. I just hate the fact that I do not have cluster lights and the only thing that is brighter than the sun are those 3 warning indicators. I've been fixing every single problem since I bought it, which was just about a month now.......

Yeah...I know and fully understand the reasons behind the warning indicators, but I have an "fix-it" list longer then then my johnson...which is pretty long...

Old 07-13-2011, 05:20 PM
Recovery Vehicle

Originally Posted by LRD2&ME
What we used to say in the Marines; Good initiative, bad judgement. There are plenty of knowledgable Discovery owners on this forum that can assist you in troubleshooting each and every problem. Seek them out. Shame on you.
Yes...shame on me...

Old 07-13-2011, 05:25 PM
TReK

I know I have wanted to pull bulbs many times before, I just could never bring myself to do it. Do you have access to a scanner? Maybe I missed the post regarding your codes. Or are they on because of something silly(i.e. disabled abs so light is on kinda thing).

Old 07-13-2011, 05:38 PM
Recovery Vehicle

Originally Posted by Chris-bob
I know I have wanted to pull bulbs many times before, I just could never bring myself to do it. Do you have access to a scanner? Maybe I missed the post regarding your codes. Or are they on because of something silly(i.e. disabled abs so light is on kinda thing).
I haven't had the chance to pick one up yet. I was originally looking for one similar to my Diablo (scan and program), but I haven't found one. I do plan to purchase just the off the shelf OBDII reader soon. If it wasn't for my two girls vacation expense, I would have have it all by now.

Old 07-13-2011, 06:12 PM
TReK

Yeah, I want to pick up the Hawkeye from AB, but with 3 kids and a stay at home wife, I can't afford one yet. I do have a scanner that reads codes and gives code descriptions(cost $120 5 years ago, now the same thing can be had for around $50) and the Elm5 scan tool that you use with your laptop for codes and live data. The Elm5($35? on amazon with free shipping) is great for a cheap code reader and gives live data. If you get an Elm5, make sure when you do live data to only check one or two sensors at a time and not 10. The more data you are trying to see, the slower it updates. I made my money back on the first car I hooked up to with it.

Quick Reply: Had to do it, removed the warning light bulbs