Discovery I Talk about the Land Rover Discovery Series I within.

It's Happening!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2022, 01:43 PM
Drifting
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default It's Happening!!!!!

My local junk yard has a D1 in it! I'm going this weekend and praying its not picked clean by then I am going to rip any little trim piece tail light headlight and anything else I can unbolt from it that's good. What type of parts are must nab if its got it and assuming the parts good. I've already experienced things like the caps that house the break light bulbs so that's one of the first things I'm looking for. So what other stuff is there for these old beast? What kind of tools do you guys bring to the pick a parts? So far in my bag I've got a good impact/bits, screwdrivers and trim tools. Anything major to bring specific to the Diso? Normally when I'm going to one of these places I am looking for something very specific so I only bring the exact tools I need but considering I plan to spend a few hours gutting anything I can, I don't know what tools are best.

Old 01-19-2022, 08:29 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 187 Likes on 166 Posts

I think it really depend on what you need. One thing I like about the Disco is almost any part I need I can find. But over the years I have picked a hood (beluga black), differential (fits front or rear, the yard guys pulled it), rear bumper with lamps and end caps (old one got bumped by a snow plow), rearview mirror (self dimming, didn't last long, so needed new replacement glass anyway), heater/AC blower motor and fan (might pick the resistor if you go there), cruise control module, decals for the shifter (my favorite), a MAF sensor (need to match your truck, it's still on the shelf). I have a seat that needs work, but the seats in the yard get trashed by the weather. That's my story. I hope you get what you need!

Old 01-20-2022, 10:14 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 390 Likes on 317 Posts

Unpossible!

Old 01-24-2022, 09:23 AM
Drifting
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Well I didn't get much that I needed but I got some goodies in decent shape. The thing was pretty well trashed unfortunately but the break light bulb caps where good so I took those and a few other pieces of trim that arn't currently broken in mine but for the few bucks to start a stock pile Ill take it lol. I'll just keep going out anytime one pops up in the local yards and pull what I can, when I can.