Discovery I Talk about the Land Rover Discovery Series I within.

Junkyards in Colorado With older Discos

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2014, 05:55 PM
Overlanding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Junkyards in Colorado With older Discos

Hey guys i live in breckenridge colorado and I'm currently looking to purchase a few used parts for my 95 discovery and I'm hoping to find a junkyard with a few discos. Does anyone know of any?

thanks. I'm looking for a driver seat, a new hood, brush guard and a few interior parts.

Old 05-07-2014, 06:32 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Greetings from the land that I miss!! There's a great U-Pull-&-Pay in Denver near I-76 & I-25 (off of 66th St I think. Could drive you there, but don't remember the address). I know that's a little drive for you (I drove from the Bailey/Harris Park area to get there & was worth the trip every time), but they always had 4 or 5 D1's in their yard. Prices are fair & the parts were nice. I kept mine running & refreshed out of there. Hope this helps! Now figure a way to get me back to Colorado

Last edited by wrongway1; 05-07-2014 at 06:34 PM.
Old 05-08-2014, 10:20 AM
Overlanding

awesome. i will definitely have to check that out. i just found out today 2 of my 4 windows aren't working so i think its time to start researching these disco windows!!!

Old 05-08-2014, 10:59 AM
Super Moderator
Received 95 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by blackout-breck
awesome. i will definitely have to check that out. i just found out today 2 of my 4 windows aren't working so i think its time to start researching these disco windows!!!
Rear windows?

Old 05-08-2014, 09:57 PM
Mudding
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by wrongway1
Greetings from the land that I miss!! There's a great U-Pull-&-Pay in Denver near I-76 & I-25 (off of 66th St I think. Could drive you there, but don't remember the address). I know that's a little drive for you (I drove from the Bailey/Harris Park area to get there & was worth the trip every time), but they always had 4 or 5 D1's in their yard. Prices are fair & the parts were nice. I kept mine running & refreshed out of there. Hope this helps! Now figure a way to get me back to Colorado
Pull and Pay were shut down recently for venting refrigerant to the atmosphere, serves 'em right careless and irresponsible lot.
T/V

Old 05-08-2014, 09:59 PM
Mudding

Hey guys i live in breckenridge colorado and I'm currently looking to purchase a few used parts for my 95 discovery and I'm hoping to find a junkyard with a few discos. Does anyone know of any?

thanks. I'm looking for a driver seat, a new hood, brush guard and a few interior parts.
Call Eric at Adoptapart on York St Denver.
A responsible salvage yard and he has some D1's
303 296 2211 X1

Old 05-08-2014, 10:05 PM
Mudding

Window lift ECU??
Found in passengers foot well against inner fender wall above the green security module on a D1
Black box about 4x6 inches.
Has a label---yes--- Window lift ECU--suffers with dry soldered joints
Amistades
T/V

Old 05-09-2014, 12:04 PM
Overlanding

ya rear windows. Thats my project today. try to find the issue? Thanks for all the info guys.

Old 05-09-2014, 08:15 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by tuercas viejas
Pull and Pay were shut down recently for venting refrigerant to the atmosphere, serves 'em right careless and irresponsible lot.
T/V
that's a shame as there was always good stuff to pick thru, but if they were doing that they should be closed down.

Old 05-10-2014, 11:54 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You can pull the ECU out and re-solder the bad connection. I just did that yesterday because both rear windows were broken. Worked perfectly.

Quick Reply: Junkyards in Colorado With older Discos