Discovery I Talk about the Land Rover Discovery Series I within.

LandRoversOnly.com

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2011, 11:55 AM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

yeah another forum landywatch.co.uk got hi-jacked by a russian malware they re-routed the URL

Old 12-20-2011, 11:57 AM
TReK
Received 161 Likes on 136 Posts

Hey Ed,
I'm going to try to hold that snorkel for Jake. Did you still want the three wiper arms?

Sorry to hijack the post but, people, buy a Mac already!!!!
Cheers,
Paul

Old 12-20-2011, 12:01 PM
Super Moderator
Received 95 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by Paul Grant
Hey Ed,
I'm going to try to hold that snorkel for Jake. Did you still want the three wiper arms?

Cheers,
Paul
It's the website that is infected, not our computers. The only reason we see the error is that our antivirus software is new enough to integrate with the browser. I have adblock plus, too, and so I'm not even seeing that ads that are infected, but my antivirus software still knows that site might have a problem. I'll bet if you installed antivirus software on your mac, you'd get a notification that the site might have issues too. Not that you need antivirus software... yet. With the way apple's market share is growing, soon you might need it.

Old 12-20-2011, 12:07 PM
TReK
Received 161 Likes on 136 Posts

Originally Posted by jafir
I'll bet if you installed antivirus software on your mac, you'd get a notification that the site might have issues too. Not that you need antivirus software... yet. With the way apple's market share is growing, soon you might need it.
I've used Macs exclusively since 1988 and have never once had to buy antivirus protection or been infected by a virus. As far as fear that Apple will be targeted once market share grows, I've heard that claim for decades. Why is it that the iPhone seems to be impervious to malware while Android is constantly being attacked? Is it because iPhone market share isn't large enough?

McAfee: Android malware surges 76%, iPhone untouched | Electronista

Old 12-20-2011, 12:22 PM
Baja
Received 51 Likes on 44 Posts

It's the website that is infected, not our computers.
Is it actually landroversonly.com that's infected, or one of the sites scripts running on it refer to?

Old 12-20-2011, 12:24 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by antichrist
Is it actually landroversonly.com that's infected, or one of the sites scripts running on it refer to?
Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums is the site it complains about.

Old 12-20-2011, 12:34 PM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Hey Ed,

Cheers,
Paul
yeah i will come up and pick up the wiper arms and snorkel, did he paypal you yet? i will paypal you tomorrow what did you say $35?

Old 12-20-2011, 12:36 PM
Super Moderator

I've used Macs exclusively since 1988 and have never once had to buy antivirus protection or been infected by a virus. As far as fear that Apple will be targeted once market share grows, I've heard that claim for decades. Why is it that the iPhone seems to be impervious to malware while Android is constantly being attacked? Is it because iPhone market share isn't large enough?

McAfee: Android malware surges 76%, iPhone untouched | Electronista
Iphone and mac are two different stories.

You cannot install anything you want on the iphone. You can on android. The openness of android makes it insecure.

Even if you were using it in 1988, when only newspapers and elementary school computer labs had them because they were overpriced and less capable at the time, doesn't mean that the rumor you've heard for decades isn't true. The mac only recently has become popular.

EDIT: and I have an iphone, and I've had a mac. I think their products are better. I just cannot justify buying a new one because of the price. I've never gotten a virus in windows, because I'm smart enough not to do stupid things on the internet.

Old 12-20-2011, 01:15 PM
Baja
Received 51 Likes on 44 Posts

Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums is the site it complains about.
Yeah, then it's a script running on landroversonly.com that refers to the mitsubishi forum. NoScript blocks such scripts from running unless I allow them.
Actually, I just took a look and don't even see that site listed for blocked scripts, so it may very well be a site that's referred to from the mitsubishi forum via landroversonly.com

Old 12-20-2011, 02:54 PM
Administrator
Received 100 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by antichrist
It wasn't just the LRO, this hit all over the world on many of the sites managed by this Canadian group.
As of this morning, they are still trying to correct it.