Discovery I Talk about the Land Rover Discovery Series I within.

Lift Installed

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2013, 07:14 PM
Drifting
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lift Installed

Got the TerraFirma lift installed this weekend. Between the tires and lift got a total of 4 inches from stock. Such a huge differance in the ride and feel of the old girl! Gotta say the hardest part was getting the old shocks off. Another downfall of all the time I spent under the Rover was all the other stuff that I found that needs attention. Gotta love it!

TerraFirma
2" light Coils in front(actually got 2.5")
2" med coils in rear(actually got 3")
All Terrain shocks
245/75R16 Bridgestone Dueler RVT

Attached Thumbnails Lift Installed-2012-12-19-11.59.22-1-.jpg   Lift Installed-2013-01-12-16.52.55.jpg  
Old 01-15-2013, 07:54 PM
Rock Crawling

I am getting ready to do the same, what helpful hints can you give us?

Old 01-15-2013, 08:43 PM
Drifting

1, PB Blaster! If I had it to do over I would have started a few days ahead of time. I know some of the guys on here have had a hard time getting the upper shock mount of the front shocks. I took a pair of heavy duty scissors and cut enough of the plastic out from the top section to get a pipe wrench in to hold the shaft while I removed the nut. Worked good for me. Honestly it was pretty simple and straight forward but, it takes awhile if your working by yourself in a small garage.
2. Keep the in-laws away. Geez....They seen it all and done it all and can't understand why you'd want to do that to your car!

Old 01-15-2013, 08:54 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Discolife
I am getting ready to do the same, what helpful hints can you give us?
I used this tutorial when I did my OME lift. It was very helpful and it took me a weekend to do it by myself.

Old 01-15-2013, 10:21 PM
Rock Crawling

Originally Posted by LeakyDisco
I used this tutorial when I did my OME lift. It was very helpful and it took me a weekend to do it by myself.
I noticed in your pictures that the front of your truck looks lower then the back. My truck has the same issues after I lifted it, and its driving me insane. Anybody know why it does this? Is it because of the weight of the engine or what? I hate it!

Old 01-15-2013, 11:35 PM
Pro Wrench

I wish I could accurately gage my actual lift but between my cut fenders, tires, lift, etc... I have no clue how much bigger than stock it is. I think its safe to say that TF springs yield more than 2" of lift though.
MD TF all the way around and 265s:
Name:  photobucket-8842-1341794720008.jpg
Views: 111
Size:  96.8 KB

Old 01-16-2013, 07:08 AM
Three Wheeling

I ordered my 2" lift TF kit but went HD springs all around.. I may order a set of meds for the front as an addition.. I'll be using mine a bit offroad but also towing..

Still yet to fix the rust.. Damn estimates taking years to get back..

Old 01-16-2013, 11:07 AM
Rock Crawling

Originally Posted by greenharoguy
I noticed in your pictures that the front of your truck looks lower then the back. My truck has the same issues after I lifted it, and its driving me insane. Anybody know why it does this? Is it because of the weight of the engine or what? I hate it!
If you mean the photos in the tutorial I mentioned, that isn't my truck; looks a lot like mine though.

My front end has always been a bit lower than the rear, but I think that is the normal stance for a Disco.

Old 01-16-2013, 01:22 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 226 Likes on 195 Posts

Originally Posted by droptine77
1, PB Blaster! If I had it to do over I would have started a few days ahead of time. I know some of the guys on here have had a hard time getting the upper shock mount of the front shocks. I took a pair of heavy duty scissors and cut enough of the plastic out from the top section to get a pipe wrench in to hold the shaft while I removed the nut.
Remove the front lower shock nut. Remove the four shock tower retaining nuts. Pull the entire shock tower with shock still in it out through the engine bay. Then you can work on it on your bench or whatever. Install is the reverse. Easy peasy.
Lift looks good, but you need bigger tires.

Old 01-16-2013, 05:40 PM
Pro Wrench

Originally Posted by fishEH
Remove the front lower shock nut. Remove the four shock tower retaining nuts. Pull the entire shock tower with shock still in it out through the engine bay. Then you can work on it on your bench or whatever. Install is the reverse. Easy peasy.
Lift looks good, but you need bigger tires.
Def the easiest way to go about it. An impact will get the upper bolt off without any issues if you do decide to leave the tower in the truck. ***DISCLAIMER*** I have a southern truck with a healthy amount of oil on the underside, all of the notoriously "tight" or "pain in the ***" nuts and bolts have yet to give me any issues at all. Brett can speak for the yankee trucks

Quick Reply: Lift Installed