Discovery I Talk about the Land Rover Discovery Series I within.

Making progress on my 98 Disco!

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2011, 11:30 AM
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Smile Making progress on my 98 Disco!

After months of pondering I finally got the leaking power steering hose removed! Needed a tiny crescent wrench to reach the bolt, but with alittle patience it came right off. While I was down there I also removed the power steering resovir and the air box, cleaned them out with dawn soap and hot water, cleaned 2 other power steering hoses then tackled the whole area with cleaners. Got all the dirt and most of the grease removed before re-installing the resovior and the air box and finally installing the new replacement power steering hose!

Also managed to sucessfully install the new fuel filter CORRECTLY! Found a leak in the fuel line afew inches away from the filter though - gonna use some automotive tape and maybe try some "E6000" industrial strength non-flammable adhesive. Any other recommendations there? Eventually I will replace the hole line, just looking for a good tempo fix.

Also decided to saw off the end pieces of the damaged brush guard since they were trashed. Fixed the broken passenger side blinker and used some more E6000 to resecure the headlights into their correct position.

Just waiting for the rear driveshaft to come in the mail then Ill throw that on and the rig will be back up on the road. My next project is "5" brand new high performance top grade All Terrain tires and the alighnment. 4 installed on the Disco and the fifth to be my spare tire! I expect it will take until mid june for me to save up the $$$ though.

All in all its a work and progress, and Im proud to say that I've done all the work independently all on my own!!! With advise from the Rover community!!!

Old 04-22-2011, 06:58 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

get the kumho KL71's, they're the best tires ive ever owned, very aggressive but very quiet. They have almost a thousand miles on them and have barely worn any even though they are fairly soft rubber

Old 04-23-2011, 10:15 AM
Team Owner
Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts

Good Job Julian, keep up the good work.

Old 04-23-2011, 11:22 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by jbm6287
get the kumho KL71's, they're the best tires ive ever owned, very aggressive but very quiet. They have almost a thousand miles on them and have barely worn any even though they are fairly soft rubber
Kumho? never heard but Ill check them out. You think they are better than hankook tires?

Old 04-23-2011, 11:26 AM
Banned

Thanks Spike
You've been the most help on here! Sorry about the setback with your brush guard, we can try again in June if you still have it. Ill pay whatever the cost for it, just need to get the new tires first.

Old 04-23-2011, 12:31 PM
Team Owner

No worries mate, I still have it.
I'm sure we can work something out if you still want it by then.

Old 04-23-2011, 02:37 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Old 04-23-2011, 03:50 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i've had the BFG all terrains and they sucked very much. The Kumhos got awesome reviews from tire rack, and i havent had a problem with them yet. I was afraid to have those as my daily driver tires, but they have been great. Ive been in other trucks running BFG mud terrains and hated those tires, the mud terrains were to loud and bumpy, the Kumhos are smooth and quiet, but can handle anything

Kumho Road Venture MT KL71

Old 04-23-2011, 06:00 PM
Team Owner

Those dont come is stock size though.
Cooper S/T's do, thats what I run.
I second that the BFG A/T's suck.

Old 04-24-2011, 03:39 PM
Banned

The first link (headlight fixing kit) are not damaged and still clip in, rather its the socket that they clip into that is broken. I think number 2 is the part im looking for! Thanks man!!! Hate that when you know you need a part but you have no dam clue what the part number is nor what its called.

Quick Reply: Making progress on my 98 Disco!