Discovery I Talk about the Land Rover Discovery Series I within.

Need help removing the lift kit

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2011 | 10:09 AM
|
Banned

Originally Posted by Danny Lee 97 Disco
I checked out the pics you posted for the used Rovers. I would grab one , if not more than 1, of those RR's in a big hurry, especially the one with the low miles and the alreready rebuilt engine. It looks like the best deal.

Any of those early Range Rovers would be an awesome truck, I would rather have them than the DII, much simpler vehicle without the electronics. If you are set on a DII, you should keep your T/C so you would have a Locking Center Diff shifter.
I agree but first gotta sell more parts quick. Yes the 89 Range Rover with the rebuilt engine sounds dam good (thats the Rover I was inquiring about the frozen brakes) problem is the owner does not like to respond to emails! Havent heard a word from him and Ive been trying to contact him for alittle while now. Maybe he sold it, or thinks im a scammer??? Who knows. Maybe he is a fraud with a bs post on craigslist. Ill keep my eyes open in any event. Sometime will come up soon.

Old 07-27-2011 | 10:27 AM

Just remember, the simpler the better as far as maintaining it in the long run.

The gentleman that designed the original Range Rover did it such that it could be used in the oil fields and ranches and such during the workday, and still be nice enough to go out on the town at night. Rover's North had an article about him a couple of years ago. He had even held a land speed record as a driver in his early days.

LR got too fancy and the fanciness unfortunately was not as reliable as the early version.

Old 07-27-2011 | 10:41 AM
Winching

In the event you choose to put springs back under I might have a pair of rear lying somewhere. But I wouldn't bother about it. Remove both diffs and let the frame sit on pieces of wood. Most scrapyards have a tow truck and they pick-up cars themselves, don't worry about the truck not having wheels like it was said earlier they have very powerful winches.

I'd choose a Classic over a DII in a heartbeat

Old 07-27-2011 | 10:48 AM

Yeah, they can usually just drag it on a flatbed. They don't care if it is complete or not.

Old 07-29-2011 | 10:57 PM
Winching

I would be more than happy to swap you my stock springs for your springs. We could each pay our own shipping and just swap them. I desperately need new springs but can't afford them right now. I don't drive the disco right now so being on stands for awhile during the swap isn't an issue. Let me know if you are interested. Either PM me or reply here. Either way my phone will alert me.