Discovery I Talk about the Land Rover Discovery Series I within.

It NEVER ends! Fuel delivery issues continued... :(

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2015, 02:23 PM
Overlanding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default It NEVER ends! Fuel delivery issues continued... :(

1996 Disco 1 SE7 4.0

I recently posted and got help with replacing injectors, and it was a bear to change them, and pricey but I got it done thanks for the help guys... However, they were not my problem ... Before putting all my lines and hoses back on in full I clipped the injectors in to the rail and pressurized the system to check for leaks ( i know not real professional lol) all was good, however about 10 seconds of having the key forward, the line on the fuel pressure regulator the one that goes back to the intake plenum started spraying gas like projectile vomit... Guessing I found the cause for all the gas in the block... However now I need to know, and I am sure this is a really stupid question and I am sorry for that, is the gas coming out of the regulator due to a faulty regulator, or due to a faulty vacuum connection not engaging the regulator? I'm sure before you answer you will laugh at me, and that is fine by me lol, I'm not a mechanic just can't afford to pay one either lol, and don't want to order anymore un-needed parts as the injector set was not cheap at all ... However, as I assume with no vacuum being as the motor is off, it IS in fact a bad regulator, which is crap because the previous owner said they replaced it as one of the last attempts to fix it before I bought it, looks used at best

Old 03-05-2015, 03:46 PM
Super Moderator
Received 226 Likes on 196 Posts

Wait, are you saying gas is spraying out of the vacuum line nipple on the regulator? If so it is very bad, go to amazon buy a new one

Old 03-05-2015, 04:07 PM
Overlanding

Originally Posted by TOM R
Wait, are you saying gas is spraying out of the vacuum line nipple on the regulator? If so it is very bad, go to amazon buy a new one
Yes, the fuel comes in to the regulator, the nipple that connects the hose from the regulator and attaches 4 inches of hose away at the nipple on the plenum, if connected it would be pushing gas directly into the plenum, and into the block from there, that was my original problem lol -_-

Old 03-06-2015, 07:45 AM
Super Moderator

Guess I did not jump in on your other thread and tell you to replace it while the injectors are off, honestly it should.d have been the first thing you checked imo

Either way replace it iirc amazon is cheapest

Old 03-06-2015, 08:06 AM
Overlanding

Guess I did not jump in on your other thread and tell you to replace it while the injectors are off, honestly it should.d have been the first thing you checked imo

Either way replace it iirc amazon is cheapest
It was in fact the first thing I assumed was wrong, however ,like I said the previous owner told me they had already replaced it in an attempt to fix the gas in the block issue, I should have just ignored what they told me and changed it anyway lol... Thanks a ton for the specific answer without making me feel entirely retarded lol

Old 03-06-2015, 09:11 AM
Overlanding

Originally Posted by Thomas Lane
It was in fact the first thing I assumed was wrong, however ,like I said the previous owner told me they had already replaced it in an attempt to fix the gas in the block issue, I should have just ignored what they told me and changed it anyway lol... Thanks a ton for the specific answer without making me feel entirely retarded lol
OMG... They DID replace it with a used one, and they installed it backwards! Because they cut and clamped all the lines it fit either way... I assume the diaphragm got destroyed from the gas going into places it should not have, but I am gonna flip it over and try it anyway, as I have nothing left to lose with a free trial and error test lol... Hoping the gas is getting stopped by the vacuum diaphragm and im seeing the gas leaking out that is coming in the other side of the fuel rail into the o-ringed port on the regulator

Old 03-06-2015, 10:01 AM
TReK
Received 653 Likes on 559 Posts

Based on the markings this part is correct. Same as the one I bought over the summer.

So, if this is what the seller is claiming it to be (NEW), buy it. If you don't, I'm going to grab a spare. ETC8494 Fuel Pressure Regulator | eBay

Old 03-06-2015, 01:06 PM
Overlanding

Originally Posted by OverRover
Based on the markings this part is correct. Same as the one I bought over the summer.

So, if this is what the seller is claiming it to be (NEW), buy it. If you don't, I'm going to grab a spare. ETC8494 Fuel Pressure Regulator | eBay
I reversed the one the previous owner installed and it works just fine, resolved my issues... THat was it the whole time, it was installed backwards and was flowing into my vacuum line rather than into the rail... ... What a waste of 2 weeks and better than a thousand dollars lmao

Old 03-06-2015, 02:30 PM
Super Moderator

you may still want to buy one that has not been all fubar and instal it,ethonal in gas eats rubber/dries it out and that diaphrams probly rubber

btw it was tempting to make you feel like a tard but i think you lernt your lesson

Old 03-07-2015, 09:24 AM
Overlanding

you may still want to buy one that has not been all fubar and instal it,ethonal in gas eats rubber/dries it out and that diaphrams probly rubber

btw it was tempting to make you feel like a tard but i think you lernt your lesson
LMFAO, I already feel like a tard haha, and yea I learned my lesson to the tune of hundreds of dollars lol... And yea, I am still gonna replace it, but I can accept the 7 day delivery time from Autozone for 118$ as opposed to rush ordering one for 170 at least, thanks for all the help guys lol

Quick Reply: It NEVER ends! Fuel delivery issues continued... :(