Land Rover Forums - Land Rover Enthusiast Forum

Land Rover Forums - Land Rover Enthusiast Forum (https://landroverforums.com/forum/)
-   Discovery I (https://landroverforums.com/forum/discovery-i-39/)
-   -   OBD2 Bluetooth Diagnostics via Android (https://landroverforums.com/forum/discovery-i-39/obd2-bluetooth-diagnostics-via-android-48919/)

thehun 04-11-2012 07:50 PM

OBD2 Bluetooth Diagnostics via Android

Hey Guys,

I am going to be testing out a cool new bluetooth based diagnostic setup...its called Torque on Android market and it uses a BT OBD2 dongle, kind of like a scangauge etc but a lot cheaper...about $30-45 bucks....used a ELM327 V1.5 dongle off ebay

I will post updated on how it works soon...it also clears and reads codes..displays perimeters registered by the ECU

I do not think iPhone has this or other operating systems

black sheep 04-11-2012 08:07 PM

Originally Posted by thehun (Post 312510)
Hey Guys,

I am going to be testing out a cool new bluetooth based diagnostic setup...its called Torque on Android market and it uses a BT OBD2 dongle, kind of like a scangauge etc but a lot cheaper...about $30-45 bucks....used a ELM327 V1.5 dongle off ebay

I will post updated on how it works soon...it also clears and reads codes..displays perimeters registered by the ECU

I do not think iPhone has this or other operating systems

I had checked this out on Android market. I don't think the user reviews were so hot then. I decided my Actron was just fine. Good luck and watching.

thehun 04-11-2012 08:10 PM

They supposedly fixed all the issues once the v1.5 was released..keep you updated

filbs 04-12-2012 07:22 AM

I have been using torque for about a month now and I love it. No probs with the ELM327 dongle so far.... I am sure there is some latency that you wouldnt get with an ultra gauge ....but as far as keeping logs of temps, mpg, reading and clearing codes, this is about the best thing out there for the money

Savannah Buzz 04-12-2012 09:15 AM

So what are your temps and mpgs?

filbs 04-12-2012 09:28 AM

Originally Posted by Savannah Buzz (Post 312608)
So what are your temps and mpgs?

well casual driving around town have not exceeded 90c or 194f...only when I have been monitoring...........BTW kinda hijacking this thread... went to junkyard today got my new expansion tank 13 lug nuts in good shape and a center cup holder for 50 bucks!!!!!!!!!!!! replacing the expansion tank tonight when I get home..........any thoughts or suggestions greatly appreciated

Savannah Buzz 04-12-2012 09:32 AM

Little hose barbs on the passenger side of the D1 radiator are metal, but they are soft copper/brass, so be careful. If hose does not easily budge cut off with razor blade. On a D2 the plastic barbs are made outta margarine, and will break if you look at them.

filbs 04-12-2012 09:41 AM

I have a 99 D1 with what I understand is a D2 radiator(multi part with plastic sides) will I need to drain and fill the entire cooling system or can I just drain tank. install new one, top off fluid 50/50 green stuff and be good?

slanginsanjuan 04-12-2012 10:32 AM

Originally Posted by filbs (Post 312620)
I have a 99 D1 with what I understand is a D2 radiator(multi part with plastic sides) will I need to drain and fill the entire cooling system or can I just drain tank. install new one, top off fluid 50/50 green stuff and be good?

that seems strange. is it a mod?

a proper dex cool flush is what they're saying.

filbs 04-12-2012 10:38 AM

I have no idea bought the truck from a local car lot late february and from what Mike has told me the 99 was a grab bag of parts from d1's and d2's