Land Rover Forums - Land Rover Enthusiast Forum

Land Rover Forums - Land Rover Enthusiast Forum (https://landroverforums.com/forum/)
-   Discovery I (https://landroverforums.com/forum/discovery-i-39/)
-   -   OBD2 Bluetooth Diagnostics via Android (https://landroverforums.com/forum/discovery-i-39/obd2-bluetooth-diagnostics-via-android-48919/)

filbs 04-12-2012 10:40 AM

I can take pictures at lunch and you guys tell me...........

RobertBrowning 04-12-2012 10:45 AM

i got one of those blue tooth deals and an ultra guage... blue tooth cool but lags... but it works... :-)

filbs 04-12-2012 11:18 AM

Originally Posted by RobertBrowning (Post 312638)
i got one of those blue tooth deals and an ultra guage... blue tooth cool but lags... but it works... :-)

yup............. but as for tracking mpgs and coolant temp its great

thehun 04-12-2012 11:11 PM

Ok so here is my Rover:

Rebuilt 4.0
180 thermo w/ Redline water wetter
Hi-flow cats w/ straight thru muffler
Customer Intake
Rotella T 15w40
Lubegard in Transmission

Torque APP is awesome...I got it mostly to keep check on temps and clear codes but it also gives you true A/F ratios, timing, volts, Rail pressure, EGT

Some readings. A/F is dead on and properly moves to about 11.5 full throttle, fully warmed 13.8-14.5 depending on throttle.

Coolant Temps stayed below 185* via highway, city and idle at red light..moving...never went above 180*..stayed steady at 178*

Oil and Trans temps moving 168-173* at highway....idling or frequent city driving 180-190*

Ambient Temp 65-68*

Temp ratings tells you that your crucial components are working properly and efficiently

Also this is what I am displaying via digi gauges on my Torque App:

Volts, Fuel Level, Air Temp, Instant MPG, Coolant Temp, Fuel Press, Trans Temp, AFR and Oil temp

Savannah Buzz 04-13-2012 04:41 AM

So do you also measure the transfer case temp, and is your stock warning light for tranny and T/C overtemp still active? Sounds like trans temp is doing just fine.

From RAVE:

The transmission/transfer box oil temperature
warning light is grounded by the Automatic
Transmission Oil Temperature Switch (X108) when
the temperature of the transmission fluid exceeds

°C (266°F). The warning light is also grounded

by the Transfer Box Oil Temperature Switch (X174)
when the temperature of the transfer box fluid
exceeds 145
°C (266°F).

slanginsanjuan 04-13-2012 06:19 AM

i missed something. how do you get your oil and transmission temps?

thehun 04-13-2012 08:49 AM

Yep my light is on...it comes on as soon as I turn the truck on..so its faulty....

slanginsanjuan:
my obd sensor tells me all the temps via gets displayed from my Torque app

Savannah Buzz 04-13-2012 09:31 AM

1 Attachment(s)
slang has a good point, since oil temp and tranny temp don't have sensors on a D1, just turn on light switches, and these values don't appear on a regular OBDII scanner as a value, what does the application use to "estimate" them? I would admit that on some othe brands of vehicles you could have sensors that emit those signals in digital form to the ECU, but I too wonder how this is achieved on the D1. On my scanner, only coolant temp and incoming air temp show up.

thehun 04-13-2012 08:25 PM

Dunno how but it does

Savannah Buzz 04-13-2012 08:32 PM

Then you should not trust those readings. It may be the software is taking some other variable, and massaging it, and displaying it. Kind of like auto parts store scanners that tell you the wrong info for a particular Rover engine code that is not in their software.

If instead of the temp switches (on/off) there is no physical oil temp sending unit, or tranny temp sending unit, and a regular scanner does not show it, I would not put a lot of faith in it. Sure, for MPG you can use MAF sensor reading and speed and time and estimate mpg. But how you could extrapolate tranny temp on a D1 (no tranny computer or fancy sensors)....