Discovery I Talk about the Land Rover Discovery Series I within.

Oh the shame (queue head hung low and sad music)

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2010, 09:36 AM
Winching
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Oh the shame (queue head hung low and sad music)

After I tell you what I am about to tell you please don't kick me off the forum. Today I went and bought........a 2002 Jeep Wrangler . I am so sorry for speaking such blasphemy but I got it for a DD for fun around here. I am keeping the disco so unless you guys boo me outa here I will still be here all the time. I am just going to move the disco to the strictly for fun on the weekend category. So if you guys can forgive me I would appreciate it. And I promise never to say that the jeep is better than my disco. Scouts honor. And I promise to keep loving my disco and to never play favorites. LOL. Thought you guys might get a kick out of my confession.

Old 08-26-2010, 11:33 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Get out of here

Old 08-26-2010, 11:48 AM
Winching
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Well, at least you have the Disco to help you get that jeep unstuck...

Old 08-26-2010, 12:08 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Old 08-26-2010, 05:07 PM
Mudding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wow... that's hilarious
________
vaporizer store

Last edited by Henrici; 01-30-2011 at 11:55 AM.
Old 08-26-2010, 06:00 PM
Winching

LMAO! That is hilarious. Just to show you the love I have for my disco I could have bore my shame in secret and never revealed that I was also a jeep owner but I came to you guys and made my shame public. LOL. Now over here it's all fun and games but can you imagine if I revealed this dirty little secret over at dweb? I would be crucified and probably kicked off the forum for real. Unless spence is serious........?

Old 08-26-2010, 07:03 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'll back you on this one, Medic. I was also, for a short few days, a Disco and a Wrangler owner. But I had to get rid of the Jeep in order to pay for the Disco.
Nothing at all wrong with the Wrangler. It was a great little rig, cheap to own and easy to work on.
In my opinion, the Wrangler and the Disco are two completely different animals. Where the Jeep fell short for me was that it didn't have much capacity to be really useful. That, and I couldn't afford to swap out the little 4-cyl motor.
I loved driving it, and would like to have another someday, but not if it meant I had to get rid of the Disco.

Old 08-26-2010, 07:34 PM
Winching

Yeah the one I got has the four banger. It would not be worth a lot for serious off-roading. Probably fine for some light stuff around the house but it is not my disco. I just wish I could get my disco to a more reliable state.

Old 08-26-2010, 08:01 PM
TReK
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I like Jeeps and Discos equally..but I think you've got it backwards..a Jeep for your DD? The disco will ride much better..use it for the DD and take the Jeep out in the woods on the weekend..also if its a sport with a 4.0L the disco gets better fuel mileage.

Old 08-26-2010, 08:21 PM
Team Owner
Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts

I rented a Wrangler 5 speed while on vacation in Cozomel a few years ago, it was horrible.
It was fun to drive with the top off, but the ride was horrible, you couldnt talk to your passenger while moving any faster than 5mph and it was so small you couldnt carry any more than a hunting rifle and case of Pepsi, you would have to leave the beef jerky at home as ask your friend with the F-250 to carry your deer out of the woods for you.

Quick Reply: Oh the shame (queue head hung low and sad music)