Discovery I Talk about the Land Rover Discovery Series I within.

Proline fuel pump help...

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2011, 08:16 PM
Mudding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bought a ProLine pump from Rovers North today.......and the fuel pump and fuel injection relays. They didn't mention the wiring harness.

Old 02-22-2011, 08:14 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dansgt
yea my wirings fine, so are all the connectors for the fuel lines, no rust like everyone else seams to get since it is a california car, and i'm 100% sure its the fuel pump now so imma order it. as long as i get it before weather gets bad again i'm happy, dont mind driving the mustang around haha.
I just received my Proline pump yesterday. I did not order the harness as I did not need it either. (I have a '96 as well) The information stating that you need the olives and nuts and harness is there for informational purposes only. They will not FORCE you to buy it. However, if you don't get the olives and nuts, you will be taking a trip to get some!

Good luck - EASY fix!

Old 02-22-2011, 08:53 AM
Mudding

glad to hear that, cuz i didnt order the harness lol. i got the olives and nuts and fuel filter though, god knows when mine was last done. once all this is in its going to the dealer for the fuel tank recall. and yea the fuel pump is really easy on this, i've got mine out already from my testing, had to be certain thats what it was. already got new screws for the cover even. its a california car and those were still rusted and just came apart with a screw driver haha.

Old 02-22-2011, 09:12 AM
Rock Crawling

glad to hear that, cuz i didnt order the harness lol. i got the olives and nuts and fuel filter though, god knows when mine was last done. once all this is in its going to the dealer for the fuel tank recall. and yea the fuel pump is really easy on this, i've got mine out already from my testing, had to be certain thats what it was. already got new screws for the cover even. its a california car and those were still rusted and just came apart with a screw driver haha.
When I did my filter, I ended up replacing all the connections for the same reason!

DannyLeeDisco had it even worse when all of his fuel lines essentially fell apart when servicing. So - BE GENTLE!!!

I initially put in an AirTex pump (and "sock") into the housing with some 5/16 hose connecting the pump to the top of the housing, and it worked great! But I had some small cracks in the top of the housing so I ordered this replacement which has everything and now I will have a "drop in" replacement if it fails again!

Old 02-22-2011, 09:37 AM
Mudding

already removed the connectors on the filter and checked, its still good. i almost went the airtex route, but the price difference wasn't big enough so i figured the assembly would be better.

Old 02-22-2011, 12:54 PM
Rock Crawling

already removed the connectors on the filter and checked, its still good. i almost went the airtex route, but the price difference wasn't big enough so i figured the assembly would be better.
I agree completely. I didn't see the Proline option, so for me - the difference between $79 and $399....well...you understand!

And hey - now I have a "known good" just in case!

Old 02-22-2011, 03:15 PM
Mudding

yea and its thanks to this site that i found that, i looked on their site and didnt see it myself and was thinkin it was gonna be 200 for the assembly from atlantic british, if that was the case i'd have done the same thing, but i wanted a new sending unit for the level anyways cuz i dont think mine was that accurate, with a full tank it showed halfway between full and 3/4, rarely ever full, so this knocks that problem out too haha.

Old 02-25-2011, 10:52 PM
Mudding

Its alive again, didn't need a harness or anything, just dropped right in. thanks for all the help.

Old 02-26-2011, 04:36 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I struggled with trying to patch the top of mine before finding the ProLine. It is worth every bit of the hundred bucks it costs. I bought the olives but ended up using rubber fuel line hose to join my new lines to the new fuel pump assy and new fuel filter as well as the fuel injection rails.

I since read in the Rovers North catalog/magazine that they developed the ProLine parts line to offer a economical alternative to the LR genuine line. They sourced these themselves and maintain a steady inventory of such parts. I have used their brake calipers and rotor sets, spark plug wires, fuel pump assembly and various other replacement parts for the last four year4s with absolutely zero problems. They are always the first thing I check on for any replacement part.

Last edited by Danny Lee 97 Disco; 02-27-2011 at 12:16 PM.
Old 02-26-2011, 08:54 PM
Mudding

Its alive again, didn't need a harness or anything, just dropped right in. thanks for all the help.
I will piggy back on your thread.

Installed my ProLine this morning. She kick over after about 1-1/2 seconds of cranking. She hadn't run in about 2 years. Need to but the rear drive shaft and front bumper back on tomorrow. Can't wait to take her for a drive!

Quick Reply: Proline fuel pump help...