Discovery I Talk about the Land Rover Discovery Series I within.

Security code for radio doesn't work.

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2011, 05:59 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Security code for radio doesn't work.

Making some progress on little things and thought I would see if the radio worked in this beast. So it's asking for the code...lucky me I have the owner's manual complete with instructions and ID cards.

Well the code doesn't work. it just beeps after entering the fifth digit. I also found a hand-written code in the book but that didn't work either.

Is there a hidden place to find the code or procedure to recover the code somehow? I've searched the forum but couldn't find anything. Thanks!

Old 11-03-2011, 06:45 PM
Administrator
Received 103 Likes on 85 Posts

Sounds like the radio has been replaced with a used one and you may be out of luck. There is a possibilty that the battery in the radio is bad or low on voltage, might try and leave the radio powered up for the next few days and see if it will recharge.

Old 11-03-2011, 07:07 PM
Rock Crawling

Well I know it sat for almost a year with a flat battery so I guess I could try that. Just put the key in ACC and turn the radio to on?

Old 11-03-2011, 07:17 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Mine took quite a few tries and lots of waiting before it worked.

Old 11-03-2011, 08:21 PM
Mudding

If you enter the wrong code it will "lock" itself up. After you try to it and it fails, turn the key to acc or run and let it sit for awhile. I let mine sit for 30min. Went back and carefully punched the code in and it worked.

Old 11-03-2011, 10:21 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 401 Likes on 385 Posts

Yes, just turn the key to accessory (position II) and leave the radio on. Also every time you enter the code and it doesn't take for whatever reason it adds time to the wait before you can enter it again. Best just to leave it on for an hour or more and re-enter and it will work like there never was a problem......it's the dumbest thing I've ever witnessed.

Last edited by ihscouts; 11-03-2011 at 10:24 PM.
Old 11-04-2011, 07:26 AM
Administrator
Received 103 Likes on 85 Posts

Better yet don't drain the truck battery by leaving the key on, let the radio battery charge while you are driving, may take a few days if the battery will take a charge.
If you still have problems, then call the link in my signature section and talk to the radio people.

Old 11-04-2011, 07:37 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If it makes any difference I had a code on top of the radio that worked for mine. I had the same problem on mine, when I went to replace the radio it had a LR sticker with the code stamped on it. Punched that code in and it worked right away.

Old 11-04-2011, 08:23 AM
Rock Crawling

Thanks guys, I'll let it stay on today with the battery charger plugged-in.

Long Haul, that would seem to defeat the purpose of the anti-theft code if they printed it right on top of the case! Certainly worth taking a look at though...thanks!

Old 11-04-2011, 08:30 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by hh65flyer
Thanks guys, I'll let it stay on today with the battery charger plugged-in.

Long Haul, that would seem to defeat the purpose of the anti-theft code if they printed it right on top of the case! Certainly worth taking a look at though...thanks!

Yeah my thoughts exactly. I had the original card in the owners manual then there was a hand writen code under it, I tried both after no luck for a couple weeks I was going to go with an aftermarket radio and bam there was a code on the case. I guess I got lucky.

Quick Reply: Security code for radio doesn't work.