Land Rover Forums - Land Rover Enthusiast Forum

Land Rover Forums - Land Rover Enthusiast Forum (https://landroverforums.com/forum/)
-   Discovery I (https://landroverforums.com/forum/discovery-i-39/)
-   -   So what did you do to your Disco today? (https://landroverforums.com/forum/discovery-i-39/so-what-did-you-do-your-disco-today-48479/)

gprtech 01-21-2013 10:56 AM

When I can I'll take pics. For this week I won't. It just decided to go below freezing this week, so I'll be working on stuff indoors.

One good shot will be of the Kenwood startup screen. I replaced it with the Land Rover Logo. Thumb drive connector and PC usb connectors are installed in the top of the coin tray. The Kenwood also lets you set the backlight color of the buttons, so it currently matches the green instrument lights.

fishEH 01-21-2013 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by Sam95disco (Post 371933)
Ordered two new rear bumper signal lights, couldn't find them for less than $44. Didn't use ebay, I hate that site and pay pal. Oh well, I needed them. Old one were beyond saving. Came out to $100.

Quick question, I know I need to buy 4 tie rods, just not sure of how many left and right. I saw it here once but can't remember. Help, thanks.

Stock steering is 3 Right Hand Thread/1 Left Hand Thread IIRC. Aftermarket stuff is usually 2 of each.

fishEH 01-21-2013 11:43 AM

Originally Posted by gprtech (Post 371975)
When I can I'll take pics. For this week I won't. It just decided to go below freezing this week, so I'll be working on stuff indoors.

One good shot will be of the Kenwood startup screen. I replaced it with the Land Rover Logo. Thumb drive connector and PC usb connectors are installed in the top of the coin tray. The Kenwood also lets you set the backlight color of the buttons, so it currently matches the green instrument lights.

Go INSIDE your truck and take some pics. :D
Sounds like a cool set up for sure.

gprtech 01-21-2013 12:01 PM

I would, but with the seats out and all of the crap I'm working on, it's a pain. It's also dark outside when I leave for work and dark when I get home. Photos won't look very good. It also keeps me from working on it during the week. Come this weekend things will be better.

I'm adding automatic lighting control,and a viper 350 alarm to replace most (eventually all) of the functions of Theft Alarm Unit. I've got an IR remote on the sterring wheel along with an IR repeater mounted on the dash that picks up the signal and brings it over to the Kenwood without having to worry about sunshine or the angle of the wheel, things that have affected other installations I've done.

Don't worry, you'll get photos.

Sam95disco 01-21-2013 05:50 PM

Originally Posted by fishEH (Post 371987)
Stock steering is 3 Right Hand Thread/1 Left Hand Thread IIRC. Aftermarket stuff is usually 2 of each.

1995 Land Rover Discovery Tie Rod RTC 1799

Matches what they say. Thanks.

TOM R 01-21-2013 08:14 PM

water pump and added yellow fog lights to the brushguard :)

AK_Disco_Driver 01-21-2013 11:55 PM

cleaned MAF sensor
Changed fluid in diff front and rear - 85w140 with lucas treatment
Resoldered window ecu rear windows work now....amazing

macro1 01-22-2013 01:18 AM

Opened the tailgate and threw another part into the pile today.

Unfortunately I have more parts than time and it's been below freezing for two weeks staight.

dragonhead 01-22-2013 10:24 PM

Just put on a new set of shoes (Falken Rocky Mountain ATS 245/75-16, 30.5") and a new windshield @ 363.81 installed (mobile service).

amsandunn 01-23-2013 01:02 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Installed my eagerly awaited terrafirma springs and shocks. Gained an a enrage of 2.75 all the way around. My stock springs were very saggy. The ride is incredible compared to what I am used to. Now time to save for tie rods, ball joints and all bushings lol. This never ends.