Discovery I Talk about the Land Rover Discovery Series I within.

Vacuum hose routing help needed, last one !!

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2016, 10:12 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Vacuum hose routing help needed, last one !!

Ok, last hose routing question.

And again, for reference, pertaining to my 99 Disco I SD, N.American LHD, Automatic, 4.0L, V8, with Heater and AC hooked up and working.....

Here goes, on the far left inside fender/wing of the engine compartment is a vacuum hose that begins at what I guess is the motor for the cruise control system, (right behind left headlight and under the power steering reservoir ).

This hose runs to the back left corner of the engine compartment where its attached to a 3-way splitter. One hose then runs off this splitter to the cruise control components on the throttle bracketry.

My question is I have an empty spot at that three way splitter that's unaccounted for???

Looks like there's supposed to be another hose off the splitter to somewhere? Can't figure it out. Maybe it's supposed to be capped?

Any ideas?
Thanx AGAIN !!!!

Rob

Old 07-26-2016, 10:32 PM
Drifting
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Goes through the firewall to a switch on the brake pedal. It's what shuts the cruise control off when you hit the brakes. Manual trucks have another one on the clutch pedal.

-Kevin

Old 08-02-2016, 10:55 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

A great big belated thank you on this one.
8 would have never located it as what was left of the hose retracted inward. It was totally unrecognizable. And it probably explains why my cruise control never really worked.