Discovery I Talk about the Land Rover Discovery Series I within.

Window ECU Issues!?

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2019, 09:55 AM
Mudding
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Window ECU Issues!?

Hey everyone, does anyone happen to have the circuit diagram for the window ECU? I have all of the other diagrams but the ECU is not letting power through itself properly so none of my windows work. Once I have the diagram my dad (who is an electrical engineer) can basically test and rebuild the board so they will work. Cant seem to find it anywhere even with many hours searching online, not in the RAVE, not in the electrical manual, nothing...

Old 03-26-2019, 09:32 AM
Mudding

No one has any input? Nowhere I can find a diagram of the ECU?

Old 03-26-2019, 10:52 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 122 Likes on 105 Posts

There are a number of youtube videos on repairing the ECU board for windows that don't work.

I don't recall seeing a board level schematic for the ECU but just looking at the board will usually show the problem if you check the solder joints.

Old 03-26-2019, 03:10 PM
Mudding

I already did the solder joints, I think maybe a relay or something is gone but no way to test this without a schematic.

Old 03-27-2019, 09:09 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 122 Likes on 105 Posts

might be the easiest way to get things working
https://www.ebay.com/itm/OEM-Land-Di...kAAOSwSxVcWiUe
or use it to troubleshoot yours, and you'd have a spare for next time.

Old 03-27-2019, 12:34 PM
Mudding

Originally Posted by jimvw57
might be the easiest way to get things working
https://www.ebay.com/itm/OEM-Land-Di...kAAOSwSxVcWiUe
or use it to troubleshoot yours, and you'd have a spare for next time.
Thanks, I figured I might have to just replace it

Old 04-06-2019, 11:59 PM
Overlanding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I took my ecu out followed the aluminum lines on the underside and soldered wire between the the 2 points where it burned the aluminum,then i put permatex on it.this was 5 years ago and windows are still working just fine.land rover made the mistake of sending these out to a company that used very cheap solder and it turned out to be to brittle.if you find loose points in the solder and you just re-solder these points all will be good again.

Old 04-07-2019, 07:27 AM
Mudding

Originally Posted by shawnsutton
I took my ecu out followed the aluminum lines on the underside and soldered wire between the the 2 points where it burned the aluminum,then i put permatex on it.this was 5 years ago and windows are still working just fine.land rover made the mistake of sending these out to a company that used very cheap solder and it turned out to be to brittle.if you find loose points in the solder and you just re-solder these points all will be good again.
Thanks, mine seems to be in good shape with no issues other than one dry joint which I fixed. I think something else is toast in the ECU but cant figure out what. I think I will just replace it with a different one and see

Old 07-11-2019, 08:19 AM
Mudding

To help everyone out that seems to be reading this, I ended up ordering an ECU from ebay and it fixed every window except one. I pulled it apart and noticed a lack of grease on the assembly so greased every window unit and now they all work perfect. For some reason though the passenger window moves much slower than the driver, but still works for now so not worried about it!

Old 09-21-2019, 04:45 PM
Drifting
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I’d love to source roll-ups from an ancient d1 in the uk and upgrade the 97 to fully, completely manual seats no sunroof manual trans manual-manual-manual.

Quick Reply: Window ECU Issues!?