Discovery I Talk about the Land Rover Discovery Series I within.

Window ECU Issues!?

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2019, 11:18 AM
Mudding
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Hatchetjack
I’d love to source roll-ups from an ancient d1 in the uk and upgrade the 97 to fully, completely manual seats no sunroof manual trans manual-manual-manual.
Me too. This power stuff is great when it works, but I dont trust it. Roll ups will always work. Over time I think I will slowly start deleting systems in the car to make it simpler

Old 09-22-2019, 03:07 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 122 Likes on 105 Posts

maybe, but the ability to crack open the rear windows is a nice feature...and being able to close them while driving and it starts raining ..

but i suppose that would be 'Distracted Driving' and we will get ticketed for it. The government keeping us safe from ourselves....

Old 09-22-2019, 04:00 PM
Mudding

Originally Posted by jimvw57
maybe, but the ability to crack open the rear windows is a nice feature...and being able to close them while driving and it starts raining ..

but i suppose that would be 'Distracted Driving' and we will get ticketed for it. The government keeping us safe from ourselves....
Yes it would definitely be giving up some of the convenience, but electrical stuff is the death of these damn things. Literally nothing electrical works in my car right now properly other than the windows.

Old 09-27-2019, 12:52 PM
Winching
Received 67 Likes on 51 Posts

I'd like to figure out a way to make the all the windows auto-down, auto-up. Especially auto-up the fronts. Don't care about litigation.

Old 09-27-2019, 01:39 PM
Mudding

Originally Posted by hrhoward
I'd like to figure out a way to make the all the windows auto-down, auto-up. Especially auto-up the fronts. Don't care about litigation.
I think thats all in ECU programming, not sure thats something you could change

Old 09-27-2019, 02:47 PM
Winching
Received 67 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by WeekendWarriors87
I think thats all in ECU programming, not sure thats something you could change

Old 09-28-2019, 01:08 AM
Mudding
Received 44 Likes on 42 Posts

https://www.amazon.com/Directed-Electronics-535T-Automation-Operation/dp/B00H4N1Y2O/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=dei+530t&qid=1569650310&sr=8-1 https://www.amazon.com/Directed-Electronics-535T-Automation-Operation/dp/B00H4N1Y2O/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=dei+530t&qid=1569650310&sr=8-1
It can be done. I used 2 DEI 535T window modules. One is used for the front the other is used for the rear. You will need to cut and bypass the existing window module in the front behind the glove box, the second one will go behind the center console below the center storage compartment. The pros no more window issues, the cons are 2 things: 1st is rewiring - not that hard but if your not willing to cut, solder, splice, then shrink tube this is not a project for you, 2nd you will need an additional timer to disable the window control function after turning off the ignition.

Old 09-28-2019, 07:09 AM
Mudding

Originally Posted by Icannap1
https://www.amazon.com/Directed-Elec...9650310&sr=8-1It can be done. I used 2 DEI 535T window modules. One is used for the front the other is used for the rear. You will need to cut and bypass the existing window module in the front behind the glove box, the second one will go behind the center console below the center storage compartment. The pros no more window issues, the cons are 2 things: 1st is rewiring - not that hard but if your not willing to cut, solder, splice, then shrink tube this is not a project for you, 2nd you will need an additional timer to disable the window control function after turning off the ignition.
Nice work, if my ECU craps out again I will definitely consider doing this. I actually considered trying to bypass the ECU and directly wire the switches into power to make the system simpler.

Old 11-20-2019, 01:44 PM
Drifting
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

So I had this issue and dug into the dash getting ready to resolder the window ecu. Turns out, my issue was actually the electric harness/dongle was old and poorly connected to the actual ecu. I’m glad I wiggled it before actually ripping the whole thing out. Some dielectric grease, a reconnect and viola’ windows work.

Old 11-20-2019, 07:20 PM
Mudding

Originally Posted by Hatchetjack
So I had this issue and dug into the dash getting ready to resolder the window ecu. Turns out, my issue was actually the electric harness/dongle was old and poorly connected to the actual ecu. I’m glad I wiggled it before actually ripping the whole thing out. Some dielectric grease, a reconnect and viola’ windows work.
glad you had an easy fix, I havent been so lucky so far on mine!

Quick Reply: Window ECU Issues!?