Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2" Lift with springs on stock shocks?

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2009, 11:23 AM
Winching
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default 2" Lift with springs on stock shocks?

Rather than lift the truck using the Toddco spacers, can I install the Rovertym 2" springs and still use my stock shocks? The truck has 55k on it now, and is currently completely stock. It's time for tires, and I want to go up a bit in size and would like more ground clearance; I just can't afford to do 5 new tires AND the full OME 2" kit.

I'm thinking of doing Rovertym springs to get the lift this week, then I can put on new tires that I'll want to keep around. My thought process is to update the shocks at a later date, maybe in a month or so.

Let me know if I'm thinking straight on this.

Thanks!

Old 04-19-2009, 11:46 AM
TReK
Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

The stock shocks will always be extended with the 2" lift springs. If you don't plan to do any serious off-roading you'll be fine. For off road your suspension travel will be seriously limited because the shocks are too short.

Old 04-19-2009, 11:57 AM
Administrator
Received 103 Likes on 85 Posts

For a make do, you could do that but it is not recommended. At your mileages the shocks and steering stabilizer are shot.
If money is an issue, you have no choice but throw some OME's on as soon as you can for the proper ride.

Old 04-19-2009, 12:47 PM
Winching
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Also, will a 2" lift require brake lines to be replaced?

Are the OME shocks better than the Bilsteins? AB has a 10% off sale on Bilstein running through the end of June.

Old 04-19-2009, 12:52 PM
Administrator
Received 103 Likes on 85 Posts

Your brake lines and ABS lines will be fine.
The OME's are a little longer then the Bilsteins and over all, I just like OME better, so doe RTE if you look at the site, they sell aq lot of OME's with their 2" lift.

Old 04-19-2009, 10:38 PM
TReK
Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm running the OME HD springs and shocks and love the ride. If you plan to do anything crazy where your axles will be hanging all the way down then you'll need longer brake lines but other than that you'll be fine with the stock lines. I plan to upgrade to longer stainless steel lines because I plan to put sway bar disconnects on both ends to get maximum articulation.

Old 05-23-2009, 05:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

VIDEOS included - Forex trading
"Something Fantastic" happens every day at the same time, to the same stock index... day trade forex that will make you rich! forex pips

Karl Dittmann (Germany) - 30 years of trading experience forex markets If you learn the one hidden secret which is repeated daily for years, you will make an incredible profit! forex trade signal
One single stock index trade within 15 minutes of the market pening is all you need! forex real time What if you knew a trading secret so simple, yet so powerful, that anyone could use to profit from the Stock market even without experience. All You need is to trade Single Stock Index - 15 minutes at the opening. 30-50 ticks daily can be yours! forex alerts This is Guaranteed! forex companies
There is no way to lose money! forex dealing
Forget Indicators and stock trading guides! free forex signal
There is "something" which happens every day at the same time with the same Stock Index...! forex forums This is when you can make real money! forex tutorials
It is absolutely possible to have 9 or even 10 winning trades out of 10...

All you need is to know the secret and exact trading algorithm. The secret can be used for some other major stocks too! forex software

This Secret Will Completely Change Your Life! forex companies The System is 100% mechanical and doesn't need any tech indicators or other tech materials... forex com it can be used by anyone... even beginners.

Newbies will like the simplicity while experts will like the ease of use and amazing stock index trading idea .... forex trading training It is a complete plug and play system can be used by any people even without any experience of Stock indices trading! forex real time All You need is the idea and the exact plug-n-play trading algorithm. forex traders

Finally, these unbelievable trading secret are available to the public for the first time ever. forex trading course This method have the potential to completely change your life. forex live 100% Mechanical system, which have been hidden for years, known to only a group of Wealthy Trading Elite! forex

Join us know... forex real time I guarantee once you read and apply for our method - you will never look back, and never want to use any other trading Stock market system! forex managed account wow gold warcraft gold

Old 05-23-2009, 05:43 PM

"Something Fantastic" happens every day at the same time, to the same stock index... forex mini that will make you rich! forex trading times

Karl Dittmann (Germany) - 30 years of trading experience forex forums If you learn the one hidden secret which is repeated daily for years, you will make an incredible profit! forex markets
One single stock index trade within 15 minutes of the market pening is all you need! forex capital market What if you knew a trading secret so simple, yet so powerful, that anyone could use to profit from the Stock market even without experience. All You need is to trade Single Stock Index - 15 minutes at the opening. 30-50 ticks daily can be yours! forex systems This is Guaranteed! forex trading books
There is no way to lose money! learning forex
Forget Indicators and stock trading guides! learn forex
There is "something" which happens every day at the same time with the same Stock Index...! fx forex This is when you can make real money! forex street

All you need is to know the secret and exact trading algorithm. The secret can be used for some other major stocks too! forex books

This Secret Will Completely Change Your Life! forex capital markets The System is 100% mechanical and doesn't need any tech indicators or other tech materials... forex trading training it can be used by anyone... even beginners.

Newbies will like the simplicity while experts will like the ease of use and amazing stock index trading idea .... forex trade signals It is a complete plug and play system can be used by any people even without any experience of Stock indices trading! forex traders All You need is the idea and the exact plug-n-play trading algorithm. forex com

Finally, these unbelievable trading secret are available to the public for the first time ever. forex arbitrage This method have the potential to completely change your life. forex trades 100% Mechanical system, which have been hidden for years, known to only a group of Wealthy Trading Elite! automated forex

Join us know... forex directory I guarantee once you read and apply for our method - you will never look back, and never want to use any other trading Stock market system! forex capital wow gold warcraft gold

Old 05-23-2009, 05:44 PM
Default Forex news

"Something Fantastic" happens every day at the same time, to the same stock index... forex charts that will make you rich! forex seminars

Karl Dittmann (Germany) - 30 years of trading experience cms forex If you learn the one hidden secret which is repeated daily for years, you will make an incredible profit! forex forum
One single stock index trade within 15 minutes of the market pening is all you need! forex trading signal What if you knew a trading secret so simple, yet so powerful, that anyone could use to profit from the Stock market even without experience. All You need is to trade Single Stock Index - 15 minutes at the opening. 30-50 ticks daily can be yours! forex books This is Guaranteed! forex margin
There is no way to lose money! forex currency trading
Forget Indicators and stock trading guides! forex trading online
There is "something" which happens every day at the same time with the same Stock Index...! forex platform This is when you can make real money! forex books

All you need is to know the secret and exact trading algorithm. The secret can be used for some other major stocks too! forex trading platform

This Secret Will Completely Change Your Life! forex futures The System is 100% mechanical and doesn't need any tech indicators or other tech materials... forex trading platform it can be used by anyone... even beginners.

Newbies will like the simplicity while experts will like the ease of use and amazing stock index trading idea .... forex trading training It is a complete plug and play system can be used by any people even without any experience of Stock indices trading! fore currency exchange All You need is the idea and the exact plug-n-play trading algorithm. forex trading system

Finally, these unbelievable trading secret are available to the public for the first time ever. forex charts This method have the potential to completely change your life. forex system 100% Mechanical system, which have been hidden for years, known to only a group of Wealthy Trading Elite! forex rate

Join us know... learning forex I guarantee once you read and apply for our method - you will never look back, and never want to use any other trading Stock market system! managed forex trading wow gold warcraft gold

Old 05-23-2009, 07:34 PM

VIDEOS included - Forex trading"Something Fantastic" happens every day at the same time, to the same stock index... scalping forex that will make you rich! forex trader Karl Dittmann (Germany) - 30 years of trading experience forex trading tutorials If you learn the one hidden secret which is repeated daily for years, you will make an incredible profit! forex traders One single stock index trade within 15 minutes of the market pening is all you need! online forex What if you knew a trading secret so simple, yet so powerful, that anyone could use to profit from the Stock market even without experience. All You need is to trade Single Stock Index - 15 minutes at the opening. 30-50 ticks daily can be yours! hedging This is Guaranteed! forex trading courses There is no way to lose money! forex currency exchange Forget Indicators and stock trading guides! forex trading strategy There is "something" which happens every day at the same time with the same Stock Index...! forex mini This is when you can make real money! forex trading tutorials It is absolutely possible to have 9 or even 10 winning trades out of 10... All you need is to know the secret and exact trading algorithm. The secret can be used for some other major stocks too! forex marked trading This Secret Will Completely Change Your Life! forex broker The System is 100% mechanical and doesn't need any tech indicators or other tech materials... forex euro it can be used by anyone... even beginners. Newbies will like the simplicity while experts will like the ease of use and amazing stock index trading idea .... forex marked trading It is a complete plug and play system can be used by any people even without any experience of Stock indices trading! forex trading courses All You need is the idea and the exact plug-n-play trading algorithm. forex brokers Finally, these unbelievable trading secret are available to the public for the first time ever. forex trade signal This method have the potential to completely change your life. forex managed account 100% Mechanical system, which have been hidden for years, known to only a group of Wealthy Trading Elite! forex dealer Join us know... forex trader I guarantee once you read and apply for our method - you will never look back, and never want to use any other trading Stock market system! forex pairs wow gold warcraft gold

Quick Reply: 2" Lift with springs on stock shocks?