Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2 questions: Brake Bleeding, 3 amigo when its raining

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2016, 07:56 AM
Overlanding
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am not too familiar with ABS systems in general, i have done lots of brake stuff in the past so I am trying to understand these issues

We had to replace 2 calipers and all 4 rotors and 2 parts of brake lines at the wheels were spliced into and repaired

I will look into that resource you suggested, thanks !

J

Originally Posted by Luckyjayb
Welcome to the forum first off man. The only time you should need a power bleed via testbook or one of the other readers is if you do something with the brake system above the abs block, i.e. the master cylinder or disconnect the lines to the block othe than that a regular bleed as outlined in the rave manual should be fine. If you don't have the rave manual, here is a link to a website where you can get it for free in PDF form. I have an iPhone and have it stored in iBooks on it and my iPad.

Discovery
Hope that help out in any further endevours

Old 12-22-2016, 06:56 AM
Overlanding
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Update!!

SO I got to thinking that instead of this condition happening as a function of being humid or raining and instead was a function of the temperature. Here in minneapolis when it is wet this time of the year that means it is warm. Warm being a relative term of course I had NO issues at -25below. So I thought to check the reservoir and sure enough when we did the brake job you have to fill the master cylinder of course all the way to bleed. BUT the mechanic left it almost to the top full of fluid. I sucked a lot out to get it to the max fill line and presto 99% better