Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2000 Disco2 SparkPlug Electrical problem

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2007, 08:32 AM
4wd Low
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2000 Disco2 SparkPlug Electrical problem

Help, I changed all my O2 Sensors today and all was good after a test driveso I had ordered some Bosch Platinum 4 plugs and decided to replace them. Unfortunately I did not have new 8mm Magnacor wires to replace but decided looking at the old plugs I took out I would replace anyways. I did each spark plug individually as to not mix up wires. After changing them allI went to start up Truck knowing maybe it would run possible rough from previous threads (by not replacing wires).I couldn't belive it but it it just spun and spun not firing at alland than the outside Flashers come on, what the heck!!The hazard Switchdid not accidently get hit and I needed to Pull Flasher Relays to stop flashing.Next I put the OBD2 Scanner I have on it and it states Electrical malfunction(don't have codes #'s currently). I cleared codes with Sensor,pulled battery terminals off to clear also.

So I decided I would put an alternate plug like a Bosch +2. Same thing happens , turns over andover, flashers come on, not firing, and same code #1590 I think. Lastly I said forget itI'll put the old plugs(Champions) back in soI can get to work in the morning, still same issue. will not fire, and no it's not out of gas 1/2 a Tank. I'll Tell you I'm very frustrated at this point Isthe wires possiblygone bad from pulling them on and off., but wouldn't some of the cylinders fire.Is the Splitfire +2 or +4 Bosch Plugs not compatable with the Plug Wiresin Truck. Wires look about 2 to 3 yrs old, I've owned the truck 1 year. To change the Wires my hands are small but not that small what a bad spot to put a Distributor Cap!!
Sorry for the lengthy message, just trying to give best description of problem.

Truck is a 2000 Disco 2. 135,000 mi. Hope someone has had a similar issue!!Little help Mike?

Old 06-04-2007, 09:04 AM
Administrator
Received 103 Likes on 85 Posts
Default RE: 2000 Disco2 SparkPlug Electrical problem

I would first suggest you reset your alarm. Turn the key, or lock and unlock the door with the key or the remote 3 times slowly from lock to unlock. If that doesn't work, call me and we will work thru it.
Mike
303-862-7680
Colorado

Old 06-04-2007, 09:05 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bosch ????? oh , oh!!!! here comes the battle of the greats again!!!!!

Old 06-04-2007, 09:20 AM
Administrator

ORIGINAL: Darover

Bosch ????? oh , oh!!!! here comes the battle of the greats again!!!!!
Go back and read what the problem is he is having and don't be one of those who has never used them and passes on all the BS he hears with no first hand information.
Mike

Old 06-04-2007, 11:44 AM
Recovery Vehicle

Whoa whoa whoa, calm the heck down! If you haven't had enough sleep, go back to bed! There's absolutely no reason for you to give me this attitude. I've never in the past commented on bosch plugs for I usually don't comment on things that I don't know about and always comment on personnal exprience.

I was making reference to you know who, who's always starting a war the second he hears the name bosch.

Old 06-04-2007, 03:16 PM
Administrator

Here again, if you had read the originial complaint you would have seen this was not a spark plug issue.
What I stated was no attitude, very simply I don't believe people benefit from, he said she said storys they know nothing about.
At this point Eatman needs information that might get him past this problem.
Mike

Old 06-04-2007, 03:48 PM
Recovery Vehicle

I'm sorry if I misred your answer tone, but I always treat people with the upmost respect, and shoot me if I'm wrong to expect the same in return. I was just envisionning another one of those battles around the bosch name. That's all!

Old 06-04-2007, 05:50 PM
Administrator

Hey, lets work on getting the trucj issue resolved, that's what we are hear for anyway. I wish Eatmon would get back to us with the answer to my question so we can start walking thru the possibilitys.
You take care,
mike

Old 06-04-2007, 07:05 PM
Recovery Vehicle

10-4

Old 06-04-2007, 08:09 PM
4wd Low
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mike, Sorry I worked late and I'm also located in NH so it's EST here.I did what you said numerous times but no luck,I also cleared the codes after and tried it again but no luck. Here are the error codes I mentioned that werecoming up. P0560, P1536, P1668.

Thanks again Eric T

Quick Reply: 2000 Disco2 SparkPlug Electrical problem