Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2000 Discovery Fog Lights????

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2007, 08:32 PM
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2000 Discovery Fog Lights????

Hello, I am very new to Land Rovers and was wanting to know what button do I push to turn on the fog lights?
I have a 2000 Discovery. Thanks very much.

Old 10-01-2007, 08:38 PM
TReK
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: 2000 Discovery Fog Lights????

On Disco I' its down by the cruise control.

The one up by the speedometer is for the rear fog lights.

Old 10-01-2007, 08:49 PM
6th Gear

Thanks for the reply. I am looked on the steering wheel where you set the cruise and I don't see anything that would turn on the fog lights? I do not have a owners manual for the vehicle or I would not be asking such a stupid question. I appreciate the help.

Old 10-01-2007, 08:54 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

on your binnacle ( around the speedometer.), the top left switch is for your front fog lights, the one under that is for your rear fog lights. FYI, European cars have rear fog lights for visablility to other drivers fastly approaching in poor visability. Just in case you were wondering why anyone would want brighter tail lights at times.

Old 10-01-2007, 09:12 PM
6th Gear

I figured out the problem. There was no fuse in the front fog light area in the fuse box. I took the fuse out of the (snow flake) fuse and put it in the fog light and they work now. What size or name is this fuse? Thanks

Old 10-01-2007, 09:40 PM
ajh
Winching

Rear fog lights.... now those would have been handy when backing up at night in the bush. I guess I'll use that relay to wire up the rear floods on the rack Saves a pile of work, thanks!

Old 10-01-2007, 10:03 PM
Camel Trophy

They are called fog lights, but not what you would think. They just make your tail lights brighter. In my Volvo it said to use them sparingly as they may Dazzle other drivers. Yeah, it said dazzle in my owners manual.

Saw something at Wal Mart the other day. It was a flood light that plugs into a 7 pin reciever socket. When you back up, the light truns on. Pretty cool....

Old 10-01-2007, 10:13 PM
Camel Trophy

ORIGINAL: lhgdale

I figured out the problem. There was no fuse in the front fog light area in the fuse box. I took the fuse out of the (snow flake) fuse and put it in the fog light and they work now. What size or name is this fuse? Thanks
I have a D1, so mine is different. Snowflake usually indicates a/c compressor. Try you a/c...

Go to www.rover-renovations.com .Type in rave cd and they will send you one free. Might take a bit to get it, but it has the owners manual, electrical and workshop manuals. All you should ever need..... There are a few online you can download too, but they are big files.

Old 10-02-2007, 07:43 AM
Administrator
Received 103 Likes on 85 Posts

ORIGINAL: lhgdale

Fuses are rated by color. Do you have your owners manual, if so you should spend some time reading up on your truck.
By the way the snow flake is the defroster for either the front or rear window.
So how many miles on your truck, do you do your own service and have you replaced the faulty u-joints on your front drive shaft yet?

Old 10-02-2007, 10:49 AM
ajh
Winching

Hmm, using the trailer socket is an amazing idea, wonder what it's rated for. Not like I need 100W back up lamps though

Quick Reply: 2000 Discovery Fog Lights????