Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2000 Discovery Window Problem? yes i'm new and yes i searched

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2008, 02:29 PM
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2000 Discovery Window Problem? yes i'm new and yes i searched

ok so i'm on here for my roommate...he has a 2000 landrover discovery...his driver side window went down only to never come up again...i had this problem on my rx8 so we took the door panel off only to find the window was still in place/on track and you could still here the window regulator/motor working...not too familiar with LRs tho...in my past experiences when a window motor goes i have never heard it keep turning...but i could be mistaken...is it the motor? we pushed the window up so its at least closed now...i read there is a diy on replacing it so thats not a problem..just wanted to confirm the problem before attempting to fix when it wasn't necessary...thanks in advance for the help.

Old 01-16-2008, 06:43 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: 2000 Discovery Window Problem? yes i'm new and yes i searched

If you hear the window motor still working then most likely the stop at the bottom of what I call "the regulator: a sort of quarter-round plate with teeth that are driven by the gear on the end of the window motor"has broken off, and the motor gear simply drove off the end so to speak, dis-engaging itself from the plate. You will have to take it all out, and replace the mechanical stop at the end of the teeth on the regulator OR tap the hole near the end and thread a bolt through the hole. This worked for me quite well though it isn't much fun finessing everything back together.

Old 01-16-2008, 07:21 PM
Administrator
Received 103 Likes on 85 Posts
Default RE: 2000 Discovery Window Problem? yes i'm new and yes i searched

Or it has broken completely in which case a new or used window regulator will be in order, pretty common on Rovers.
If he wants to save some money, have him go to Roverlandparts.com and oreder a guaranteed used on and replace it him self.