Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2000 Land Rover Discovery II roof rack

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2010, 10:34 AM
TReK
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default kinda, sorta, not REALLY trying to sell it....

Originally Posted by discomedic4
Sorry for the hi-jack but I gotta know....why are you selling ylo? I love that disco. It is one of my top two favorite disco's ever. It is my dream disco. If I didn't already own a broken down one and I wasn't poor I would buy yours in a heartbeat.
Well, due to a job location change a year or so ago, I now commute 100 miles roundtrip for work 5-6 days a week. I was putting too many miles and wear on the Rover, so the wife and I have switched vehicles to save $. She likes it enough but it's not ideal, since I drive the Mazda 3 we bought for her last year She is trying to lure me away with a newer 4Runner since she'd be driving it 90% of the time. Since she is now the Rover's primary driver, I've got to at least hear her out. "Happy wife, happy life."

Truth be told, I'm not really trying very hard to sell it. I'd only sell it to someone that would appreciate it for what it is. If someone calls and said "I think my daughter would love your yellow car!" I would punch them in the ear through the receiver.....So we'll see, if Rover guys are interested it might go, but I would assume it won't be gone any time soon, if ever (fingers crossed)

Old 09-17-2010, 10:53 AM
Winching

Alright. I gotcha. I completely understand the "happy wife, happy life" comment. Well good luck on whatever happens and here's to keeping my fingers crossed that you don't have to give it up.

Old 09-17-2010, 11:33 AM
TReK

Alright. I gotcha. I completely understand the "happy wife, happy life" comment. Well good luck on whatever happens and here's to keeping my fingers crossed that you don't have to give it up.
In the meantime if I can sink enough money into it in upgrades, she'll feel to guilty for wanting to get rid of it and let me keep it

Old 09-17-2010, 02:15 PM
Winching
Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

LOL. At my house another DII would = a happy wife. She'd would absolutely love your truck. Sadly, I don't see this happening anytime soon due to finances.

ylo, Keep the price high until I hit the Powerball!