Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2004 discovery

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2011, 08:59 AM
Winching
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by redwhitekat
but you physicly cant control the height right ? thats just for riding comfort ?
No, it controls ride height.

I am going to give you two gifts that I think will help you greatly with all of your questions and curiousity about our trucks.

1) Here is the official LR Owner's Handbook:

Land Rover Owner Information (prs01736)

Read it, we will be having a pop quiz at the end of the week. Scan-tron, remember your #2 pencil. We do not grade on a curve and it is not open book. Good luck.

2) Here is the LR service manual for extreme detail:

land rover service factory manual RAVE download land rover resource, service manual, workshop factory manual, download, rave, vehicles including discovery, series, defender, range rover, freelander, LR3, Handbooks, Catalog, Catalogue, Land Rover Inte

Since you haven't officially purchased the best 4X4XFAR yet, we will defer a quiz on this manual. But this does not mean you are off the hook; at the very least skim through the pages. Once your ownership is in full swing, you will become very intimate with this manual.

Don't be afraid to ask questions, but look in these two resources first, the "stickies" on the top of the posts and also use the search function in this forum.

Old 05-18-2011, 02:49 PM
TReK
Received 393 Likes on 306 Posts

lol thanks for the info

Old 05-18-2011, 09:38 PM
TReK
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

but it. lift it. off road it

Old 05-19-2011, 07:33 PM
TReK

whats up with all these 04's engine blowing due to head gaskets, finding alot with rebuilt or new engines, was this a big issue on most of them or just a few ? didnt the dealer not cover this under warranty when this started?

Old 05-19-2011, 07:44 PM
Winching
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

whats up with all these 04's engine blowing due to head gaskets, finding alot with rebuilt or new engines, was this a big issue on most of them or just a few ? didnt the dealer not cover this under warranty when this started?
It's not just the 04's it's pretty much all of them.

Old 05-19-2011, 10:31 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Default got that right..

Originally Posted by buick215
It's not just the 04's it's pretty much all of them.
X2 with that.. LR ..... "Lame and ridiculas"...bunch of F$ck wads...They dont stand behind there product...wouldnt buy a new one if someone was holding a gun to my head....

Old 05-24-2011, 02:24 PM
4wd High
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, mine has 98,000 miles and I love it more than my old FJ-40. I can the same places and it doesn't shake the fizz out of my beer. It does cost a bit if it needs repairAND you take it to the dealer. They aren't too tough to work on, however, and as the man said, they are the best 4x4xfar.

Old 05-24-2011, 05:14 PM
TReK

about the air compressor, i know how much these things waste alot more gas when their runing like when your having your ac on, probably will follow the steps on this site to remove it and install springs when i get mine, dont wanna get stuck somewhere if and when the air system fails, but wondering for those of you that have had this conversion done did you see a big increase in gas mileage ??? im assuming you would, but not sure how long or how often the air compressor runs ?????

Old 05-24-2011, 05:46 PM
Winching
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

about the air compressor, i know how much these things waste alot more gas when their runing like when your having your ac on, probably will follow the steps on this site to remove it and install springs when i get mine, dont wanna get stuck somewhere if and when the air system fails, but wondering for those of you that have had this conversion done did you see a big increase in gas mileage ??? im assuming you would, but not sure how long or how often the air compressor runs ?????
I have not done the conversion, but I can saw with confidence you will NOT see a big increase in gas mileage.

A light foot and well-tuned truck is about the only way to increase mileage on these beasts. Or driving constantly downhill and coasting

Do a search for a velo gas saver chip (or something like that)...I can't remember who, but someone on here has had good results by using it.

Old 05-24-2011, 06:04 PM
TReK
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by mwindth
........I can't remember who, but someone on here has had good results by using it.
ME!

I have the Volo FS1 on my truck and I WAS getting upwards of 19mpg with about 90% highway driving...I have since traded vehicles with my wife, added a lift, tires and roof rack and we are back down in the "normal" 12-15 mpg, but that is with 90% city driving daily, up and down a big hill, with several stop lights.

Quick Reply: 2004 discovery