Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2004 Discovery iPod Interface??

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2008, 10:25 PM
Drifting
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2004 Discovery iPod Interface??

I just bought my first Rover, and I am curious if anyone has had luck installing an iPod/iPhone interface for their audio system? I may just go with the RF Monster interface, but I would love a pure line in if possible. I don't mind controlling the iPod from the iPod itself, just want pure clean audio. Any tips/tricks/advice is greatly appreciated.

Old 02-06-2008, 10:58 PM
Mudding
Default RE: 2004 Discovery iPod Interface??

I know they have a solution for the RR but I'm unsure about the disco. I'm interested as well UCF..Right now I'm rocking a $10 cassette adapter to my ipod. Which should sound great, but my tape deck needs to be cleaned or something. I only get sound out of the left speakers when I have the tape on..Switch to CD and the sound comes out of all the speakers. I'm guessing the heads in the tape deck need to be cleaned.

-W

Old 02-07-2008, 01:11 AM
Recovery Vehicle

Have you seen this from roverparts.com? You need the cd changer under the passenger seat, or at least the 6-CD Changer Audio DataLink Input Cable. The in-dash cd player won't workwith this. I'm trying to figure out a more integrated type of solution for my iPod because it and my GPS were stolen during a smash and grab. I'm getting the 80GB Classic but I won'y know where I might be able to hide it till it arrives tomorrow (hopefully).

Old 02-07-2008, 09:48 AM
jmt
Mudding
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I just ordered one from gromaudio.com. I was assured that it would work with my 03 Disco after many e-mails and pictures.

I should get it shortly. I'll let you know how it works out for me.

I paid ~$75 shipped.

Old 02-07-2008, 12:45 PM
Drifting

Excellent. Thanks guys. I look forward to hearing about the cheaper method jmt is trying. I really just want an easy way to add a line in. If I have to change the radio, so be it, because the stock one is rather basic IMO.

ORIGINAL: Disco2Guy
Have you seen this from roverparts.com? You need the cd changer under the passenger seat, or at least the 6-CD Changer Audio DataLink Input Cable. The in-dash cd player won't work with this. I'm trying to figure out a more integrated type of solution for my iPod because it and my GPS were stolen during a smash and grab. I'm getting the 80GB Classic but I won'y know where I might be able to hide it till it arrives tomorrow (hopefully).
ORIGINAL: jmt
I just ordered on from gromaudio.com. I was assure that it would work with my 03 Disco after many e-mails and pictures.
I should get it shortly. I'll let you know how it works out for me.
I paid ~$75 shipped.

Old 02-07-2008, 02:34 PM
jmt
Mudding

oemautosound.com offers an interface that also includes a secondary line-in (RCA). I didn't need it, but if you're wanting to use an XM radio or something similar, it may be a better option for you.

It's $150 + shipping.

http://www.oemautosound.com/pc-543-1...interface.aspx

Old 02-07-2008, 07:49 PM
Recovery Vehicle

Do any of these units actually charge the iPod too? I hate those huge cigarette adapters.

Old 02-08-2008, 02:48 PM
jmt
Mudding

Both of them do (from their descriptions).

I wanted one for 2 reasons: 1) The sound quality and the control from the HU and 2) you can store your iPod in the glove box.

Old 02-08-2008, 07:52 PM
Mudding

I was looking for a way to do the same, I wanted to use my xm, and my ipod. I gave up and just baught a new headunit. I picked up a Alpine 9883 from crutchfield for $169. Itisn't too flashy a head unit, and fits in well with the dash.It came with a free Ipod adapter, the wiring harness for the truck, and the tool to remove the old stereo. And also free shipping.

http://www.crutchfield.com/ISEO-rgbt...x?i=500CDA9883

The alpine has a wired remote jack, so I picked up the piece to use the stock steering wheel controls. I bought it for $35 on Ebay, which was the cheapest i could find it.

http://www.crutchfield.com/App/Produ...p;i=127SWIJACK

And then I just bought the xm direct for the receiver.

Old 02-14-2008, 12:26 PM
jmt
Mudding

My interface came in last night.

Now, if I could just get the damn radio out.

Quick Reply: 2004 Discovery iPod Interface??